Active Topics

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
This post got me this message from HtheB:

“By this way, I'm giving you an official warning.
Keep trolling and you'll be banned.

No other warnings to you.”

I guess I have leave this project. Doesn’t seems to be for everyone after all. Slightly disappointed. But I will survive without this phone

Take care.
Where is the button where I can say thanks to HtheB for this useful post?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
Where is the button where I can say thanks to HtheB for this useful post?
I don’t know. But it’s not here

Why ban people asking questions?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Asking suggestive questions is a great way to obfuscate baseless accusations yet make those unspoken accusations seem reasonable to anyone who's just passing by. So how about that string of robberies? Did you get some good stuff?

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Asking suggestive questions is a great way to obfuscate baseless accusations yet make those unspoken accusations seem reasonable to anyone who's just passing by. So how about that string of robberies? Did you get some good stuff?
If that was directed to me I don’t really get the last part.
But if you just passing by you don’t have the complete picture anyways so all questions can be fish. Poeple reading the first page can think that nokia disigners designed the phone. When the real fact is they designed the slider part.

You need context otherwise you can ask the right questions and nelther can you understand the answers.

But hey. Keep talking about this potential phone instead. Don’t let me get in your way.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2019-03-09 at 22:57.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,703 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I think that even though Daves questions are formed in the way that they have accusations (not baseless, possible is a proper term) with them chen has been very nice and answered these and by this we have got a lot very good information. Dave has been all the time being doing a favor for all of us while trying to prevent to be disappointed again (same time trying to prevent anyone else from being disappointed).

HtheB has one role in this matter, Dave has another. For me it seems both work for the best of this community in this thread. Opposite sides are needed to see where the road really is.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Now we just need the name of the guy who will mix the black paint for the casing and we'll have all the relevant info's to preorder one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
We will be following EU regulations for EU customers or course, everything is legal and in compliance with the law. We are not Dave and will not think and act that way.

There will be local service centres for repair etc as well. Details will be posted before shipping. Also there might be chance of selling spare components. Tearing down this device isn't difficult, for screen or battery replacement.
Easy battery replacement thank you! I feel like so many manufacturers purposely design phones to be hard to repair/disposable.
Only thing I'm really afraid about is device size. Is there any way I can try the device before I buy or a return policy?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sasha19323 View Post
So is it usb 2.0 with slimport or full value usb 3.x?
I bump this question, because "USB Type-C with HDMI support" sounds very speculatively. Is there any detailed information like what IC do you use for NFC support?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sasha19323 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by sasha19323 View Post
I bump this question, because "USB Type-C with HDMI support" sounds very speculatively. Is there any detailed information like what IC do you use for NFC support?
USB is 3.0 for sure.

NFC solution is NXP's NQ330.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Easy battery replacement thank you! I feel like so many manufacturers purposely design phones to be hard to repair/disposable.
Only thing I'm really afraid about is device size. Is there any way I can try the device before I buy or a return policy?
Fully agree with you - I am also not a fan of gluing things together.

Despite we are a slider but disassemble is much easier than a lot of candy bar phones. No suction cup, no heat gun. All you need is a small screwdriver.

Yes we are indeed planning for an event for all the friends around us to come and play the device and have drink together. We are trying to do it around May. That would be a great chance for you to feel and type the product.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit