Active Topics

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
AKA MSM8998. Indeed, not bad at all. Definitely a big +1 over the Cosmo Communicator's dead-end MediaTek SoC.

I'm really impressed with how the device looks and what Chen has achieved so far. With basic SoC support already available in real Linux, now for the real question. How much are Fx Technology willing to help with mainlining their device? If this device can run real Linux, without libhybris adaptations, it would be the perfect target for Maemo Leste and I would buy it in an instant.
Is GPU supported by Freedreno?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Is GPU supported by Freedreno?
It is Adreno 540, so it should be as Adreno 5xx series is supported, but Freedreno won't work with the downstream kernel and would require mainlining.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
Maybe they can do an event at their office in London to show off the phone and sell merch, I would certainly go.
We are actually planning doing a separate event this spring in London, with all Team F(X) and the stable unit, and invite our community and friends around to play / feel it. (And drinks, of course.)

I also believe trying product in hand will make a difference.

It's still very early and this is again, part being my personal thoughts. So that's not official. But I will make that happen.

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2019-02-28 at 21:08.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Another write up. https://liliputing.com/2019/02/fxtec...y-for-649.html

You guys are getting great traction. Hopefully your product is not copied too quickly to give you time to reap the rewards of the risk.

x

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by xman View Post
Another write up. https://liliputing.com/2019/02/fxtec...y-for-649.html

You guys are getting great traction. Hopefully your product is not copied too quickly to give you time to reap the rewards of the risk.

x
You do realize that all these news articles are posted on the first post, right?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
You do realize that all these news articles are posted on the first post, right?
Nope. Who looks at the first page anymore .

Thanks for the heads up, surprising that I found one you didn't already.

x

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
It's still very early and this is again, part being my personal thoughts. So that's not official. But I will make that happen.
Great idea!
If you organize a parking lot so i can go by van, i'd sponsor the catering.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Thank you for the work HtheB. I have not even found halve of them without the list. It gets difficult to see if new ones are already listed

Last edited by mosen; 2019-02-28 at 22:14.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Great idea!
If you organize a parking lot so i can go by van, i'd sponsor the catering.
That's a great idea!!! Trying out master chef Mosen's sushi is sort of my short term dream.

If you come to London then you are our guest and we do want to ensure a great hospitality. Maybe a 2nd party later at Mosen's kitchen in Germany when the QWERTZ layout is made. Yay!!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Maybe a 2nd party later at Mosen's kitchen in Germany when the QWERTZ layout is made. Yay!!
Düsseldorf Airport is 10 minutes from my shop. Anytime

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Hi there. Nice product and finally something all n900 fans were asking for a long time. I have one question about the sound quality of the stereo speakers. Will it be comparable to something like an Alcatel Idol 3 ou an samsung s9, or more like a n900, were the speakers are stereo but with low bass? To what can you compare it? Thanks again for all the awesome work

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SSLMM For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit