Active Topics

Originally Posted by uNtouched
I still can't get the thumb keyboard. Anyone?
Try the Notes application and just press down with a thumb in the text area. Works for me

Originally Posted by mancy
Oh NO., i'm using windows and this 2nd time im downloading don't said that Nokia update wizard will not work

but seems that Invicta using windows too and same nokia update wizard.. right Invicta ??
My unit is sent back to nokia now for repairing, so i can't test it now. I just assumed it would work like images before. Sorry.

Well apart from the fact that the email client is STILL KNACKERED, so far it's a very nice upgrade. More later

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Florida, USA
E-mail still does not have support for IMAP folders. It does handle more messages though. Before if I had over 20 messages in my inbox, it would crash or freeze up for 10 minutes. After downloading the headers, it was able to go through a list of 600+ without problem.

please someone have good connection please upload the image
the image link does not support Resume and this is the 2nd time i get faild to download it.
sames like Maemo.org having problems when it's not reciving ping, maybe because alot of ppl doing download at same time the server crashed and this make me start download from 1st..

someone do me this favour

thanks

untouch- touch the screen with your fat finger, not the stylus. I think it detects the surface area of the touchscreen and pulls it up when you use your finger. Or if you go to control panel>text input setting>thumb board and then put a check mark by "launch via rocker key" it will pull up the thumb board when you press the center rocker key.

PDF viewer is now officially the dogs bollocks. I've opened a 2meg PDF with colour images etc. No memory problems, paging is definitely fast enough - 4 or 5 seconds to page text, about 10-15 with colour images. And that's with 2 web browser windows open.

Update: 8.8 meg, 120 page, document opened in less than 10 seconds. Skipped to last page in less than 5 seconds. I'm seriously impressed with that because I can now put all of my Open University books one one card and keep them with me.

OK, so it's not all colour but even so, a huge improvement.

Last edited by andymulhearn; 2006-06-09 at 20:41.

I just installed FBReader and it worked like a charm. I too am really impressed with the thumbboard. Text entry is a lot less cumbersome. I've been playing around with the new OS for a few hours now and have had minimal problems...only a couple reboots. So far, so good. I had the same problem with the install where the wizard would lock up at 10%. Rebooted everything and it was smooth sailing after that. Someone please post some new themes quick. The new DiscoveryChannel pics are nice but I'm not sure how long I will be able to have monkeys and sharks peeking out from behind the applets at me.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
Google Talk works perfectly!

Amazing update!