Active Topics

Hi Guy's

i come up with new idea i hope it's not wroted here before.
Well when we use n770 USB in host mode we can let n770 to use the usual USB devices , i know that Harddisk is not USB device but why not!

take a look at this picture from site gallery, one of internettablettalk members connected his USB Keyboard using USB Host mode

just wait... ,

what if we unpluged the keyboard then we buy this small kit

then 1st terminal to HardDist and 2nd terminal to the USB Host ???
not just hard disk , but what ever IDE is can be connected ATA or SATA

i didn't tried it but someone can do this IDE to USB cable is for $12 only

some one please try this and we are waiting for news ..
nokia 770 with 120 GB not only 1GB
Oh i think hard disk must be in Linux partition system or we've to mount Fat Partitions every boot and shutdown.

if this will not work , then i'm sorry it's just Idea and i hope it will work.

Yes, that is one of my pics. But you don't need any more stuff than what is on it : below the 770 on the left is a USB hub. Just plug a USB hard drive in there, mount it, and you're done. Guess it would work with a USB CD-RW too, though I can't imagine what for :-)

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Texas
Originally Posted by mancy
Hi Guy's

i come up with new idea i hope it's not wroted here before.
Well when we use n770 USB in host mode we can let n770 to use the usual USB devices , i know that Harddisk is not USB device but why not!

take a look at this picture from site gallery, one of internettablettalk members connected his USB Keyboard using USB Host mode

just wait... ,

what if we unpluged the keyboard then we buy this small kit

then 1st terminal to HardDist and 2nd terminal to the USB Host ???
not just hard disk , but what ever IDE is can be connected ATA or SATA

i didn't tried it but someone can do this IDE to USB cable is for $12 only

some one please try this and we are waiting for news ..
nokia 770 with 120 GB not only 1GB
Oh i think hard disk must be in Linux partition system or we've to mount Fat Partitions every boot and shutdown.

if this will not work , then i'm sorry it's just Idea and i hope it will work.
The guys in the Embedded Interactions group (in the Media Informatics Unit at Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munchen, DE) have done it, sort of. They connected a USB hard disk, and those little buggers are getting larger all the time. You also need to consider drivers.

There are three general issues here:

1) Size: do you really need 120 GB with a 770? 4 GB would give you pretty much all you need I would imagine although I'll be the first to admit that when I got my first hard drive (10 MB), I thought it would be all I would ever need.

2) Mobility: too many cables, boxes, etc. defeat the purpose of the 770. Although in a docking mode that would not be a big issue.

3) Power: this goes with (2). Of course, in docking who cares.

The Following User Says Thank You to Odin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fpp
I can't imagine what for :-)
Originally Posted by Odin
do you really need 120 GB with a 770?
well i don't know really what for , but maybe someone could tell.

and yes, 120 is very much for 770 also power cables this not give the 770 it's mobility..

thanks Odin for info about the research , but also currying keyboard and mouse is not good too.

but all this invent will give a wide range of invention & more ideas to n770
like connecting USB webcam , connect your mobile to u'r n770 through USB to add ringtons and such things....etc.