Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Exciting news! I just got this email from Jolla!

Hello.

The original remittance failed.

We will retry as soon as we can.

If it fails again, we will contact you with further instructions.

Thanks for your patience.

Won't be long! Or will it... look for key word in message... Regardless, I still love Jolla!
Given that you got a refund, right?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Given that you got a refund, right?
We discussed this before. Love is unconditional. Of course, I would be disappointed if I did not receive the refund, however, I have no reason to believe it will not arrive soon.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
We discussed this before. Love is unconditional. Of course, I would be disappointed if I did not receive the refund, however, I have no reason to believe it will not arrive soon.
Yeah. But do you real truly love Jolla? Would you do anything to save them?

Neither did I when Dr Captain of Jolla stood on the slush stage last year and said: you will get your tablet. I guarantee it

Yeah. But do you real truly love Jolla? Would you do anything to save them?

Neither did I when Dr Captain of Jolla stood on the slush stage last year and said: you will get your tablet. I guarantee it

True love up to a point (what I paid for the tablet). After that it becomes tough love.

True love up to a point (what I paid for the tablet). After that it becomes tough love.
Tough love indeed...I'm with you - Given a full refund...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Tough love indeed...I'm with you - Given a full refund...
I think after a full refund, your commentary should discontinue. Why? Because this continuance is solely on your decision to do so. They failed, you've continued on ad infinitum and let's be honest. A full apology and refund won't be enough to make you happy.

Conversely, I'm led to believe that having the tablet would not have made you happy either.

It's a no-win situation with you. Next time, I suggest that you just don't participate especially if you are unwilling to accept the risks associated with crowdfunding and startups (double jeopardy).

If I may chime in... If Jolla produces the full refund I would not view it as a failure but as a success story about a company that was on the ropes but fought back to live up to it's responsibilities to its supporters. Also, as a lucky one that has a tablet, albeit via taobao, I must say that I like it and hope there are more Jolla tablets in the future. So I'm ok if this thread continues, taking on a new life, with a new focus on the Future of Jolla Tablets (catchy title!)

If I may chime in... If Jolla produces the full refund I would not view it as a failure but as a success story about a company that was on the ropes but fought back to live up to it's responsibilities to its supporters. Also, as a lucky one that has a tablet, albeit via taobao, I must say that I like it and hope there are more Jolla tablets in the future. So I'm ok if this thread continues, taking on a new life, with a new focus on the Future of Jolla Tablets (catchy title!)
I don't disagree with this. I think even though the failure of delivery, they succeeded with scaling Sailfish in resolution, ISA (ARM vs. x86) and above all that their OS can be just as functional in tablet form as it is on a phone.

It's the supporters that are letting me down right now. Petty, puerile and still angry about factors that are unfortunately either: 1) beyond control or 2) a calculated risk that just didn't work out.

Personally, I'd love to see a better spec'd tablet/device come out with features that would make it compelling against the other options and start to move into territories and usability that would invite the layman and casual user alike.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I think after a full refund, your commentary should discontinue. Why? Because this continuance is solely on your decision to do so. They failed, you've continued on ad infinitum and let's be honest. A full apology and refund won't be enough to make you happy.

Conversely, I'm led to believe that having the tablet would not have made you happy either.

It's a no-win situation with you. Next time, I suggest that you just don't participate especially if you are unwilling to accept the risks associated with crowdfunding and startups (double jeopardy).
You are complaining about speculation in your post above, I provide answer and you don't seems to follow jolla very closely and ignore it. Then you follow up with this post, pure speculation.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Speculation
Please follow your own advice and present facts. What do you have to back that up other than speculation?

Burden of proof is on you. Prove it.

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-06-03 at 19:40.

You are complaying about speculation in your post above, I provide answer and you don't seems to follow jolla very closely and ignore it. Then you follow up with this post, pure speculation.
I am not complaining about any speculation. What I've listed out is fact. There's pages upon pages that support what I've stated.

Please follow your own advice and present facts. What do you have to back that up other than speculation?
I never ask anything of others that I do not ask of myself.

Burden of proof is on you. Prove it.
Incorrect. You'll state something about a "scam", "lack of deliverables" or something of the like before I need to submit any proof. Simply stated; continue acting as you have been for the last few pages. You will prove my point faster than you've attempted to create your own so-called stance.

Want to prove me wrong? Clean up your act. Go.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund