Active Topics

OOM kicks in easily if AD is activated, but it still better than it was at the time Qt version was upgraded. If AD takes about half of RAM, it shouldn't be a surprise that there are OOM issues. My device has begun to suffer from complete freezing of UI at times when under heavy use, also audio stuttering is quite bad at times (for example when playing tracks from Spotify though bluetooth after ending a call, or at time when using HERE for navigation).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 175 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ .LT
https://together.jolla.com/question/...wmemorykiller/

Well, this one helped me a lot, in case of oom. Also I edited a couple of files, to make these values last after reboot. I think its worth at least trying.

example:

Here maps, Pou ( ), Opera mobile, Aptoide store, Shazam, WPS office, Firefox, Angry birds Rio and video still playing in background from LLS player (paused because of screenshot app) Of course, there is a slowdown, but no crashes.

Last edited by wrm; 2016-04-25 at 09:14. Reason: added screenshot

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wrm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Newsletter

Dear Turing Phone Supporters,

It’s almost the month of May and we are excited as much as you are on the delivery of TRI’s first flagship product, the Turing Phone. Over the last 5 months our customer support has been dealing with your requests pertaining to your change of address, upgrades and downgrades. It came from multiple sources such as our Facebook pages and TRI support email. While we scan through thousands of pre-orders and requests we have decided to send out the confirmation email on May 3rd. We know you have been getting impatient about the delay however please bear with us while TRI prepares its official launch.

We will produce an OS introductory newsletter as well as the Aemaeth UI prior to shipment.

Once you’ve received the confirmation email on May 3rd, please make sure you follow instructions in the email to get in touch with us. FB isn’t our official channel for customer service therefore please refrain from using FB for customer service requests.

For those of you waiting to order the Turing Phone please note that the next pre-order period will start by mid-June.

Thank you,

Turing Phone Team
TRI
SailfishSailfish

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
picture show us a android os or somting else, but not sailfish. Batteriestatus is right on top like on android. On Sailfish is it left on top (SFOS 2.0.2 too)
A Store is open on Picture and you see the Statusbar on top. With SailfishOS you cant see the Status if you open Play Store or other apps

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2016 @ Australia
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
picture show us a android os or somting else, but not sailfish. Batteriestatus is right on top like on android. On Sailfish is it left on top (SFOS 2.0.2 too)
A Store is open on Picture and you see the Statusbar on top. With SailfishOS you cant see the Status if you open Play Store or other apps
It's the same UI they showed before the switch to sailfish. Best case is that they ported the UI. In the video last year it looked fairly similar to sailfish so a port might be plausible. More likely they just reused an old publicity image. Given how close it is to launch it's not a good sign if they don't have lots of prototypes to use in photos, but fingers crossed anyway...

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to alphatool For This Useful Post:
Who noticed:
We will produce an OS introductory newsletter as well as the Aemaeth UI prior to shipment.
This, from
http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news...erproof-716303
Jul 16, 2015 - It runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop with Turing Aemaeth UI,
The github or sourceforge for this Aemaeth appears to be very difficult to locate.
I presume that makes it unhackable,
just like they said in the advertising.

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

Last edited by theonelaw; 2016-05-01 at 01:17. Reason: sp

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wrm View Post
https://together.jolla.com/question/...wmemorykiller/

Well, this one helped me a lot, in case of oom. Also I edited a couple of files, to make these values last after reboot. I think its worth at least trying.

example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdi1rlmh1m...20111.jpg?dl=1

Here maps, Pou ( ), Opera mobile, Aptoide store, Shazam, WPS office, Firefox, Angry birds Rio and video still playing in background from LLS player (paused because of screenshot app) Of course, there is a slowdown, but no crashes.
I see people are still suspending disbelief.

It's funny that this factory they've supposedly restarted from a mothballed state, with ~200 workers, there has been no sign of activity whatsoever reported at the site by any of the (rightly very sceptical) Finnish dailies.

I guess they fly all the staff and equipment in under cover of darkness by helicopter?

Last edited by bluefoot; 2016-05-01 at 13:04.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
I see people are still suspending disbelief.

It's funny that this factory they've supposedly restarted from a mothballed state, with ~200 workers, there has been no sign of activity whatsoever reported at the site by any of the (rightly very sceptical) Finnish dailies.

I guess they fly all the staff and equipment in under cover of darkness by helicopter?
What 200 workers?

Google translate from Finnish article:

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

TRI employs are currently fourteen employees. Finnish CEO to be appointed by the first of May. Chao believes that the end of the year, employees may be about a hundred.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MisterMaster For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
What 200 workers?

Google translate from Finnish article:

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

TRI employs are currently fourteen employees. Finnish CEO to be appointed by the first of May. Chao believes that the end of the year, employees may be about a hundred.
They earlier claimed to have more than 150 workers ... and how does production start in June or July at a mothballed factory when you have 14 workers in March / April?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by alphatool View Post
Best case is that they ported the UI.
Well, with a different interface they aren't really using Sailfish at all.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone