Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
What about the Fairphone Twitter account?

The ReviewJolla image I added later.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
...and since when was reviewjolla a official Jolla site?
It's not.
But Simo has a very good track record of being cautious with spreading rumors and even went on the obvious critics side by renaming from ReviewJolla to ReviewSailfish.
His tweets regarding "openness" of Sailfish and use of the word "open" in jollas communication turned almost harsh recently

Apart from JollaUsers James, who is not independent anymore because he was hired as Administrator/Editor-in-Chief by Jolla today, Simo is the one researching blogger i trust most when it comes to Jolla affairs.

Edit, actually he tookover Carols position as clarified by willi.

Last edited by mosen; 2016-03-21 at 14:26.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Apart from JollaUsers James, who is not independent anymore because he was hired as Administrator/Editor-in-Chief by Jolla today, Simo is the one researching blogger i trust most when it comes to Jolla affairs.
Absolutely. JollaUsers has never been anything but gushing praise for Jolla and notably didn't even mention any of their recent troubles.

So James is taking over Carol Chen's role?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Absolutely. JollaUsers has never been anything but gushing praise for Jolla and notably didn't even mention any of their recent troubles.

So James is taking over Carol Chen's role?
Good choice I think. He's a very good communicator.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Regarding his Facebook page he is filling the position as Community Manager and Carol Chen confirmed in a comment that he is filling her old position now.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
Regarding his Facebook page he is filling the position as Community Manager and Carol Chen confirmed in a comment that he is filling her old position now.
Yes, i was too fast putting the "news" into last post.
Carol answered my question on his facebook post and corrected.
So there seems to be no bitterness involved
Could be an effect of the temporary layoffs timing.
When Jolla tried to fill her position again, she was already employed by redhat. guessing here.

Originally Posted by aegis View Post
James has converted from one of the loudest (and my favourit) fanboys to a sailor! Good decision by Jolla and very good for him imho.
He has been sort of silent since ~half a year for personal reasons (grand love, no time to blog). At least thats what he told me and i have no real reason to doubt. Maybe a tiny bit of sadness about jollas situation was involved, as with all of us not wanting to spread bad news too far We were chatting occasionally during the time.

Last edited by mosen; 2016-03-21 at 15:12.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
What about the Fairphone Twitter account?

The ReviewJolla image I added later.
...and I replied on that http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=137

there is nothing so far from fairphone or Jolla about an official sailfishos support. Community version of sailfishos has been there for long. So nothing new here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
It's not.
But Simo has a very good track record of being cautious with spreading rumors and even went on the obvious critics side by renaming from ReviewJolla to ReviewSailfish.
His tweets regarding "openness" of Sailfish and use of the word "open" in jollas communication turned almost harsh recently

Edit, actually he tookover Carols position as clarified by willi.
I don't care I still want an official statement not some random tweets or rumors. Lets see coming weeks.... But I am bit pessimistic for historical reasons...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I don't care I still want an official statement not some random tweets or rumors.
Second your desire and hope you are fine with us at least clearly marking rumors as such.
As of now, all Dalvik/FP2 and official build is fanboy talk..
I am just having fun speculating on "educated" basis.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Well that's exciting, I preordered my FP2 hoping that it would prove to be a more reliable piece of HW to run SFOS and other alternative OS on, and that looks a little more likely today.

I hope the Fairphone lives up to its expectations in terms of HW, I think it will attract more software development if people decide to stick with it in the long run.

Every couple of weeks I've been checking for cyanogenmod ports, but none have surfaced yet, hopefully that's because all the likely candidates are working on SFOS

Fingers crossed something is released by the time it's delivered

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, fair phone, fairphone2