Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I have similar feelings about the whole thing, BUT hopefully there will be community ports for tablets from other vendors and with the other efforts to bring Android compatibility in too, everyone who wants a Sailfish tablet (with full functionality) can have one.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by zenecho View Post
No
Shame. She sounds like an interesting person to have around.

Got an email from DHL. The tablet is shipped from Hong Kong.
I am an IGG backer, who had paid VAT in September.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Available to Jolla, yes. But the factory sold tablets so maybe they sold the parts for the rest of the tablets too. After all Jolla should have secured parts for all tablets if they at some point intended to deliver all.
Actually they told us in October they didn't have the parts for the final wave and they would have to acquire them before the final wave could be manufactured (and in the worst case adapt the hardware design for new parts). In hardware business it is expensive to secure parts. Hardware companies still need to keep the costs of the product in a budget.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Gee! What happens if something breaks????
That's easy. You don't sell the whole stock but keep some of them as spare devices for handling warranty cases. My guess is that Jolla got 600 tablets and is keeping 10% of those as spare devices: 540 (90%) + 60 (10%) = 600.

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by verydeep View Post
Got an email from DHL. The tablet is shipped from Hong Kong.
I am an IGG backer, who had paid VAT in September.
Waaait, what?
Please clarify, you did not order an extra tablet from taobao but have gotten notice from the original IGG Campaign first wave shipment stalled in September?
That would be great news.

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Waaait, what?
Please clarify, you did not order an extra tablet from taobao but have gotten notice from the original IGG Campaign first wave shipment stalled in September?
That would be great news.
I am surprised as well. I had finished payment in September. The status was "on hold" since then. But last week it changed to "in picking". The status has not changed after that. But I have a tracking number now from DHL. Will keep you guys updated

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by verydeep View Post
I am surprised as well. I had finished payment in September. The status was "on hold" since then. But last week it changed to "in picking". The status has not changed after that. But I have a tracking number now from DHL. Will keep you guys updated
Could be à Box with à survey, asking if you want a tablet or refund.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Maybe it's a scam? A note asking for more money

Haha I hope not. But no communication from Jolla so far..

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund