Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What about the webstore sales that all seems to convenient ignore? Why are they not refunded?
Not sure what you mean. At the blog they say:

Q: I ordered the Jolla Tablet directly from the Jolla Shop in the autumn, and not from Indiegogo. What happens to my order?

A: As your transaction was a product order, you will be refunded for the total value of the purchase. No action is required from you at this point, you will receive an email confirmation about it.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by att View Post

I know. So why not just refund them? That would be as sign of good faith.

Usually its two weeks, possibly three weeks. not months and half a year. If it was my business I would throw in some extras to these customers for the time while they were scammed.

...and then move on to the backers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcXMhwF4EtQ

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-02-14 at 10:50.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Sorry, but experience has nothing to do with being a startup. Some startups have more experience and some have less. And I count Jolla being a startup because they are still trying to bootstrap their business. In the line of business and market they are it takes a lot of time to start it.
Well I am not that sure. The startup is a company that is "starting their business". Jolla has established their company in 2011 if I am not mistaken. They've created OS for phones. They've created phones and sold them to lot of users. They've created several tablets and went official in MWC. So how can you tell that they are still startup? By that definition would you call Google a startup company? They are constantly developing something new, expanding their business?

Q: I ordered the Jolla Tablet directly from the Jolla Shop in the autumn, and not from Indiegogo. What happens to my order?

A: As your transaction was a product order, you will be refunded for the total value of the purchase. No action is required from you at this point, you will receive an email confirmation about it.
If only users could believe in that..., (after several official blog posts misleading the people, of course...)

off topic

HTML Code:
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/01/f-35-software-overrun-with-bugs-dod-testing-chief-warns/
No way. They've failed NOx test emission like VW?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
In legal term that is called an embezzlement. Using money for something that is not originally intended...
I don't think the requirements for embezzlement come true in this case, in Finnish or USA laws. The terms of Indiegogo say:

Indiegogo is an online crowdfunding venue for people and entities seeking to raise funds for their own Campaigns and to contribute to the Campaigns of others. Campaign Owners can offer gifts or rewards in the form of tangible items or intangible services (collectively, "Perks") to Contributors. Perks are not offered for sale.
Jolla is the owner of that money when Indiegogo paid it to them and they can use it for whatever they want. Because Jolla offered perks they have an obligation to deliver those so there is a contract dispute if they don't deliver, no embezzlement.

I don't think the requirements for embezzlement come true in this case, in Finnish or USA laws. The terms of Indiegogo say:

Jolla is the owner of that money when Indiegogo paid it to them and they can use it for whatever they want. Because Jolla offered perks they have an obligation to deliver those so there is a contract dispute if they don't deliver, no embezzlement.
if you do believe that they can do anything with money, how do you then explain this: (also from IGG terms of use)

If a Campaign Owner is unable to perform on any promise and/or commitment to Contributors, the Campaign Owner will work with the Contributors to reach a mutually satisfactory resolution, which may include the issuance of a refund of Contributions by the Campaign Owner.

they either need to fulfill their duties, or they need to issue a full refund by contributors request.
What Jolla did and offered is not even legal.

Oh, btw. The word that some of Jolla hardcore fans like to use "investment", do fully understand the meaning of embezzlement. If you "invest" into something and that money is used into totally different thing what is not agreed, it is called embezzlement.

So which one is it? investment or financing the product that needs to be delivered (buying a product)?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Even if jolla act in th gray zoon of business in this case the customers will punish them for "doing it wrong" or what ever you will call it.

So in the end they will lose anyway. Its just a matter of how and when they like to take the hit.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Even if jolla act in th gray zoon of business in this case the customers will punish them for "doing it wrong" or what ever you will call it.

So in the end they will lose anyway. Its just a matter of how and when they like to take the hit.
That is true, they will feel consequence about their actions, but not by me, by others that will stop supporting them.

Regarding your question, what now (in previous message)? I think BQ Ubuntu tablet is quite impressive. I don't know if it will be able to install .deb packages and run debian applications, but I will need study a bit its capability before I buy it..

P.S. I like your signature. It is funny

Actually it looks it can, but with some modifications, and probably it might break OS itself, but there is an option of reflashing an OS...

HTML Code:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/620740/recommended-way-to-install-regularcli-deb-packages-on-ubuntu-phone

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund