Active Topics

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Pull, choose, let go?
oh really?
Are you telling me that you can easily reach top of the phone with your finger one hand only, same hand you hold the phone?
Especially if screen is big? Can you please demonstrate for so stupid me how you are doing it?
And i mean not moving phone back and forth on hand, but do it smoothly. As if you are standing still and have all the time in the world - you surely can manage it (people without hand can draw). But I would like to see you doing it while on bus and you stand and you want to have good grip on your phone.
I was able to send text with N9 with one hand while riding bicycle with no problem for example

Edit:
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
No idea what you are talking about, pulley menus are invoked from anywhere on the screen like any navigational gesture on sfos. That is actually one-hand friendly. You know the items in pulley menu get triggered by position not only by tapping them!
Ok I understand you are talking about one page apps with pulley menu.
I was talking about more complex application where you have scrollable view in app. And you can reach pulley by scrolling all the way back to top of the view or by reaching the top of the app.
As i remeber(i did not use Jolla for a long time) tweetian has pulley menu from within header as if you scroll in the middle you would scroll timeline only.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Not an owner of a Sailfish OS phone, are you?

Here is one from an older OS version, but the concept is the same:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR9dWo42wU0

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Not an owner of a Sailfish OS phone, are you?
read the edit part. I do have it somewhere gathering dust actually. One of the first wave :P

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
read the edit part. I do have it somewhere gathering dust actually. One of the first wave :P
Yeah, I read it. The ScrollView top/bottom shortcuts got added around 1.1.7 or so I think.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
oh really?
Are you telling me that you can easily reach top of the phone with your finger one hand only, same hand you hold the phone?
Especially if screen is big? Can you please demonstrate for so stupid me how you are doing it?
And i mean not moving phone back and forth on hand, but do it smoothly. As if you are standing still and have all the time in the world - you surely can manage it (people without hand can draw). But I would like to see you doing it while on bus and you stand and you want to have good grip on your phone.
I was able to send text with N9 with one hand while riding bicycle with no problem for example

Edit:

Ok I understand you are talking about one page apps with pulley menu.
I was talking about more complex application where you have scrollable view in app. And you can reach pulley by scrolling all the way back to top of the view or by reaching the top of the app.
As i remeber(i did not use Jolla for a long time) tweetian has pulley menu from within header as if you scroll in the middle you would scroll timeline only.
Did you even stop and think that he might have large hands.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Yeah, I read it. The ScrollView top/bottom shortcuts got added around 1.1.7 or so I think.
Yeah but as far as I know they are locked near top or bottom of the phone and in addition they are really close to the hand (in my case the hand I handle the phone), which makes it hard to reach them as well, even not talking about extra movements you add.
So it would hard to reach thsoe shortcuts as well. Also it would ruin the flow of the phone usage, where I would need to scroll all the way back to the point I was previously (for example some reading in browser) or is there shortcut to get back from top/bottom to the point you stopped reading before making mega aka mortal kombat fatalities combos to get to the one hand friendly pulley menu?

Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
Did you even stop and think that he might have large hands.
Did you ever think in general?
We are talking about UX and if it's easy to operate with one hand, for most people with average hand and with big screen device (is it 5"+) and not personally about him.

Btw, the site got updated, now specs show Sailfish OS 2.0.
https://www.turingphone.com/
The funny part is this:

Turing Æmæth UI

Um... does this mean they are going to slab some custom UI on top of Sailfish or what? And complete silence from Jolla's part? For some reason I don't have much confidence that we'll actually see the device shipping in April 2016...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
well, i really like the idea of a new sailfish phone with 3GB of RAM, but this does not seem to be the right one:
  • no changeable battery
  • no sd card (i could live with that)
  • no usb port
  • no headphone jack

all those things everyone hates about the iphone... i wouldnt be able to use the phone to listen to music / audiobooks in my car, that's totally a no-go

i'll skip this and wait for the next one (hopefully there will be one)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
I didn't notice the frequencies in the specs.

The Following User Says Thank You to salyavin For This Useful Post:

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone