Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by att View Post
We don't really know which was first as design wise but we know that Aigo was released first to the markets. It is probable that both are based on the same Intel reference design and the same ODM is the final designer for both. And we know that Jolla wanted changes to the ODM's original design.
First release to markets doesn't mean anything. The Jolla prototype tablet as demonstrated could have been turned around for production as an android tablet with a crappy screen almost immediately, if Aigo saw it there and approached them and/or the ODM. Sounds far more plausible to me than 'Jolla stole someone else's tablet a few months before it was on the market and passed it off as their own!!!'

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
First release to markets doesn't mean anything. The Jolla prototype tablet as demonstrated could have been turned around for production as an android tablet with a crappy screen almost immediately, if someone saw it there any approached them and the ODM. Sounds far more plausible to me than 'Jolla stole someone else's tablet a few months before it was on the market and passed it off as their own!!!'
Stole? That is normal ODM business.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
First release to markets doesn't mean anything. The Jolla prototype tablet as demonstrated could have been turned around for production as an android tablet with a crappy screen almost immediately, if Aigo saw it there and approached them and/or the ODM. Sounds far more plausible to me than 'Jolla stole someone else's tablet a few months before it was on the market and passed it off as their own!!!'
You really believe that someone stole Jolla's tablet? Wow. And you tell others to grow up.
That Jolla's tablet was based on Intel's reference design has been established a long time ago, BTW.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
You really believe that someone stole Jolla's tablet? Wow. And you tell others to grow up.
That Jolla's tablet was based on Intel's reference design has been established a long time ago, BTW.
No, I don't. That's what I was saying.

The outer design of the Jolla/Aigo x86 tablet was mostly copied from old iPhone prototypes. This makes me think that Aigo x86 was first.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by emev View Post
The outer design of the Jolla/Aigo x86 tablet was mostly copied from old iPhone prototypes. This makes me think that Aigo x86 was first.
I'm almost sure those iPhone prototypes were not known and/or shown until after the release of the AIGO device. It's a standard ODM design that AIGO and Jolla used which happens quite a bit in China, lesser elsewhere.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm almost sure those iPhone prototypes were not known and/or shown until after the release of the AIGO device. It's a standard ODM design that AIGO and Jolla used which happens quite a bit in China, lesser elsewhere.
Have you got any pictures of that design as s standard ODM design? I always thought it had too much similarity with the phone to have been designed elsewhere. The Indiegogo page explicitly states that it was designed in Finland too, so I'd assumed it was the same company who designed the phone.

The Indiegogo page explicitly states that it was designed in Finland too, so I'd assumed it was the same company who designed the phone.
Could be another cheeky little lie

Originally Posted by tommo View Post
Could be another cheeky little lie
There are no lies on that page, only promises they couldn't keep. This bitterness and suspicion is getting you down, man. Let it go

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund