Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Sorry, I thought you were talking about smartwatches as that was the topic of the discussion at the time. I had to go back to your post and noticed my mistake.

I would not link smartphones and smartwatches in any meaningful way. Both words start with the same letters but so do aftershave and aftershock.
nice! i noticed you may have missorted my post, thus the lengthy follow up!

Sorry for OT!! Wuhuuuu Tablets or Refund! Great news :P

What about continuing that funny game then?
Added Refund or Shippment option to the table, lets see how it looks
Please send PM or comment in the google docs row to not clutter this thread!

Last edited by mosen; 2015-12-17 at 16:27.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I agree but also disagree. I don't see it as a pure donation especially not when a 150 Ppl org launch the campaign.

Also when using stuff like stretch Goals your responsebility increase further
Agree, it's not like we were giving money to some kid in his garage.

If a refund is offered I will happily donate it, but not to a company with shareholders looking to make a profit.

http://www.sosafrica.com/sponsor-a-child.htm... a child's education or a new pair of shoes for Antti

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
The sale of the Jolla tablets on Taobao. It's linked in the tweets (and earlier in this thread)
Seems like you didn't get my point why I said it....

They haven't payed the tablets, so there is nothing to investigate about those tablets if you ask me. (And also, it's China.... There are like almost no laws in China )

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
I tend to agree with you but seems that so many people misread and misunderstood their indigogo investment... that to limit the damage, I am not sure that Jolla can afford alienate so many people.
Yes, that's exactly the issue - even though it might be perfectly legal to not ship anything to the campaign contributors, that still does not mean many of the ~10 000 contributors will not be angry and a lot of ill will won't be created.

You can see this quite often when big companies revert unpopular decisions - the stuff they tried to get away with is perfectly legal (they made sure of that) but that does not mean it won't make a lot of people (your customers) angry with a big potential backslash.

Also some people did preorder the tablets after the crowdfunding campaign ended, which is probably legally binding. I can actually see a scenario where the people who preordered might get their devices sooner (or at all :P) than the people who joined the crowdfunding campaign.

Originally Posted by P@t View Post
My preference would be that Jolla offer a choice:
- either get a refund
- or receive the tablet with a delay (that I hope they can respect )
- or not claiming anything.
Yeah, sounds sensible. I would go for nr. 2 BTW.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Me no want refund. Me want tablet. Me wait.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Me no want refund. Me want tablet. Me wait.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w_XuOBnUAg

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Will Jolla pay off lastu now? Did they said anything about that?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
nice! i noticed you may have missorted my post, thus the lengthy follow up!

Sorry for OT!! Wuhuuuu Tablets or Refund! Great news :P

What about continuing that funny game then?
Added Refund or Shippment option to the table, lets see how it looks
Please send PM or comment in the google docs row to not clutter this thread!
I heard that there might be actually third option. Maybe blog post will tell more about this option.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Will Jolla pay off lastu now? Did they said anything about that?
Since they were delivered; let's hope so. But all around, this is way better news than I anticipated. Just hope that those that had interest have not and will spread the word. That's probably the only way they will succeed.

Naysayers sans viable options and/or platforms will continue to exist but I tend to ignore them unless they have something worthwhile to say other than vitriol.

Funding was perhaps a big issue. Now let's see how they tackle morale and the path forward.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
I heard that there might be actually third option. Maybe blog post will tell more about this option.
jPhone || Christmas edition!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund