Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
I brought-up my Pebble Time to full firmware using Jolla Phone only.
With recent release it should work with Pebble Time Steel too.
Cool! I've never done a fw update with pebbled before, even though i was using it with my original pebble for months (I think it was on the newest fw already). Are you talking about upgrading after the initial setup though? I'm talking about the stage where the Pebble Time says it is in factory mode and does an update when you connect it to the official app - I got it to pair with the Jolla in "factory mode" but didn't see a way to do anything else with it after that... :s

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
I'm talking about the stage where the Pebble Time says it is in factory mode and does an update when you connect it to the official app - I got it to pair with the Jolla in "factory mode" but didn't see a way to do anything else with it after that... :s
Let me answer in pictures: https://plus.google.com/+TomaszStern...ts/JkVfdxZW6ag

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Brilliant! So what was the process, you first connected the pebble with bluetooth, opened the app, selected the pebble that was paired with the phone, hit info, and were prompted to upgrade the FW?

Actually, a bit more complicated. I had to add Pebble Time Steel to the mapping in the source, recompile, fix few bugs, recompile some more... ;-)

But eventually - yeah... Pair, open pebble app, show phone info, notice firmware upgrade, press upgrade button, confirm, wait during upgrade, wait for watch reboot and bam! ;-)

At the time Jolla Phone was the only phone I had, so I didn't have a luxury of activating it using Pebble original software. But it wasn't that hard. Firmware upgrades was working in pebbled for some time. The issues were merely with integrating new hardware platform, into pebbled sources.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Hi ,
Any update about installation apps and watchfaces on the Pebble Time (Steel) ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
After using it for a day, I've noticed my pebble time steel asks to pair with my Jolla quite often when I walk in and out of range. The phone isn't pairing with any other devices (neither is the watch) and the BT settings are set to always pair without asking. Is this something other people are seeing too? The old pebble never asked for confirmation.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
After using it for a day, I've noticed my pebble time steel asks to pair with my Jolla quite often when I walk in and out of range. The phone isn't pairing with any other devices (neither is the watch) and the BT settings are set to always pair without asking. Is this something other people are seeing too? The old pebble never asked for confirmation.
it never asks for me, it automatically connects to my pebble when im nearby

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
my pebble time steel asks to pair with my Jolla quite often when I walk in and out of range.
It is a problem with pairing in Jolla - sometimes happens.

Try deleting the pairing in both the watch and the phone, reboot both and re-pair.

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
It is a problem with pairing in Jolla - sometimes happens.

Try deleting the pairing in both the watch and the phone, reboot both and re-pair.
Seems to have solved it, thanks!

Just released 1.5 with
preliminary support for Pebble Time Round,
JSkit timers support,
fixes to Japanese translation.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, pebble time, pebbled