Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
I'd like to forward a question that came up by at least three users in the emails i got to add to the Form, today asked by @mirakels.

"Is the invite sender email address known? If so I can check my spam folders and update my spam manager to avoid missing the invite...".

Could someone post here? Thanks!

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
There is a comment on TJC at tablet shipping thread that china will be shut down for a week for some holiday

"This isn't really about the invitations. I just thought I would mention that Golden week is starting on the 1st so China will be shut down for a week. I highly doubt anything will be shipped within the 10 days. Just wanted to post this so people would know that. This would be out of Jolla's controll
Axion (12 hours ago)"

Apparently I'm in "group 1" on jolla tablet pre-order page... Didn't complete the order though, waiting for the invite...

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
I'd like to forward a question that came up by at least three users in the emails i got to add to the Form, today asked by @mirakels.

"Is the invite sender email address known? If so I can check my spam folders and update my spam manager to avoid missing the invite...".

Could someone post here? Thanks!
stefanov12 commented near the top of https://blog.jolla.com/jolla-tablet-operations/ that the e-mail came from an (at) jolla (dot) com address. It would be nice to know the address' local-part as well of course.

And no, I haven't got my invite yet

EDIT: here is my data for the spreadsheet (pm is not enabled for me, maybe it only works after you have made some minimum number of posts to the forumns?):

pacman 20.11.2014 22:05 22:05 no UK 209

BTW, it might be good to have columns for the date/time the invite is received as well as (or instead of) the current yes/no "Invited?" column.

Last edited by pacman; 2015-10-01 at 10:42. Reason: Add data for mosen's spreadsheet

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jpel View Post
There is a comment on TJC at tablet shipping thread that china will be shut down for a week for some holiday
That might be the reason Jolla told in the blog and FAQ to the invited people to be prepared for up to 10 business days to process the orders.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Aha, perhaps the latest silence will soon be broken. Crossing my fingers. Recent tweet from Jolla, replying to someone asking for more shipping details:

Jolla ‏@JollaHQ 41m41 minutes ago
@ninepine we're working on something for that, thanks for your patience!
And, to another complaining about the lack of information:

Jolla ‏@JollaHQ 28m28 minutes ago
@chrisjamesdavis we realize that, and hope to share more info shortly.

Those are fake tweets. There is no "soon" there :P

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by pacman View Post
BTW, it might be good to have columns for the date/time the invite is received as well as (or instead of) the current yes/no "Invited?" column.
I will keep the invites coloumn as it is because to retrieve the missing data would mean quite a lot of action from all participants. I would like to avoid that and limit interaction with the form to "add new user", "add order date" and "add delivery date".

Imho the important data is when one actually places the order and when it is delivered, where the days will be sufficiant info to automatically calculate a "difference between placing order and recieving tablet" = "processing/shipping duration" later on.

Both colums are added thanks to yours and others suggestions from yesterday!

I see some nifty nerdy charts, like "processing speed improvements over time" at some point

Originally Posted by ziplepingouin View Post
Apparently I'm in "group 1" on jolla tablet pre-order page... Didn't complete the order though, waiting for the invite...
The same situation at me.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by jpel View Post

"This isn't really about the invitations. I just thought I would mention that Golden week is starting on the 1st so China will be shut down for a week. I highly doubt anything will be shipped within the 10 days. Just wanted to post this so people would know that. This would be out of Jolla's controll
Axion (12 hours ago)"
Hum? Afaik Tablets are ship from Hong Kong and Hong Kong only has one public holiday(1/10). Therefore, no golden "week" at all...

Last edited by michaelmhk; 2015-10-01 at 16:23.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund