To be able to have notifications screen accessible from everywhere, how would you think a swipe gesture like that of BB10? Then we can have action cover swipe or whatever they're called. (Obviously the app drawer won't be accessible everywhere, or maybe if you'd like there are two options by swiping from the bottom which are swipe all the way up for app drawer or up and turn right for notifications)

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
To be able to have notifications screen accessible from everywhere,)
Well, the real problem with notification screen imho is that it is integrated in the carousel and pushes apps to background if selected.

You can already have kind of what you suggested by applying a patch that maps swipe from left edge to notifications to have it accessible everywhere

Changing the way how to reach it does not solve android apps being paused and the need to reselect last used app.

Yes, there is a patch "bring back last used app" when leaving notifications, but that shows homescreen briefly while changing back and does not solve the app being pushed into background in the first place.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
You can already have kind of what you suggested by applying a patch that maps swipe from left edge to notifications to have it accessible everywhere
No need to patch, Settings > System > Gestures > Quick Events access.

Otherwise, I agree with you.

The Following User Says Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Originally Posted by mced View Post
Now going through the 1.0, 1.1, 1.1.0.0.1, 1.1.0.0.2 loooooong lake journey...
According to Jolla Zendesk, there is a shorter way to go:

Code:
devel-su                ## Use your SSH password here
ssu release 1.1.2.16    ## Your target OS version - change if needed
version --dup

The Following User Says Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
You can't always go from version X to version Y. IIRC, you can't skip 1.0.4. Maybe one or two more. But also, IIRC, the normal GUI way of updating knows that and allows you to update in allowed jumps: 0.0.9, 1.0.4, 1.0.7, 1.1.7, 1.1.9 (numbers for illustration only, do not quote me on them).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
remark, on my recently bought Stella, i started to update from shipped 1.0.4.x and had 3 update steps to reach 1.1.9.x, like @pichlo wrote.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
So when you reset your jolla it goes back to 0.0.9?

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
So when you reset your jolla it goes back to 0.0.9?
It depends on the production batch. Mine is a second-hand First One and it goes back to around that. My wife's was made in March 2014 and goes back to 1.0.4.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
It also depends on whether you sent it for a warranty repair (and when), because if you do, they'll flash it with the latest stable version of SailfishOS and it then becomes your reset point.

By the way, with the ssu release x.x.x.x && version --dup, can one safely downgrade SailfishOS as well?

The reason why I'm asking is that I need to send my Jolla for a warranty repair, but I'm worried that they'll flash it and I'll never be able to go back to Sailfish 1.0 (which I greatly prefer over v2.0). I naturally asked them about it, but they are not responding.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
You're right, lesser upgrades than I expected. Three or four, maybe.

Now I must write a list of "things I must backup in advance":
―List of installed apps.
―Copy of /etc and, maybe, /usr/share.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mced For This Useful Post: