Notices

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by n900_man View Post
Oh, common, why nobody hears me?
How to enable auto-reconnect feature? In log I can see following messages: "Trying to reconnect in 10 sec", but it doesn't trying to reconnect.
Apps stays freezes, and I must relaunch it.

Its annoying to watch how it disconnects 30 times per day without visible reason, and stays disconnected until I manually reconnect it.
Can you send me your log reflecting this? That is not normal, as Yappari always tries to reconnect. It may happen, however, that it crashes completely. That is known to happen but it is thought to be a bug in the underlying code, i.e. QT, not in Yappari tself.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Oh, common, why nobody hears me?
How to enable auto-reconnect feature? In log I can see following messages: "Trying to reconnect in 10 sec", but it doesn't trying to reconnect.
Apps stays freezes, and I must relaunch it.

Its annoying to watch how it disconnects 30 times per day without visible reason, and stays disconnected until I manually reconnect it.
When says: "Trying to reconnect in 10 sec", does that and if you're connection is good (that happens usually on 2.5g, maybe on 3g, really wierd on wifi), reconnects as log in.

When says: "Disconnected", does not reconnects, basically crash the app for "unknow" reasons, and you have to manually reconnects.

So there are two differents stuff that you mention, one it does what you want, the second doesn't cause the app crash.

You're problem have to be with poor signal.

Greetings.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
Can you send me your log reflecting this? That is not normal, as Yappari always tries to reconnect. It may happen, however, that it crashes completely. That is known to happen but it is thought to be a bug in the underlying code, i.e. QT, not in Yappari tself.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1160

Yes, It crashes completely. You mean problem is in Qt library? Mabye its bug somewhere in Yappari... Maybe I must add more diagnostic log messages in codebase and test yappari with them to find more info...

Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
You're problem have to be with poor signal.

Greetings.
Yes, I often have bad poor signal... What caused app to crash when signal is poor? Maybe some timers are out of time when waiting for packets..

Thanks for help

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1160

Yes, It crashes completely. You mean problem is in Qt library? Mabye its bug somewhere in Yappari... Maybe I must add more diagnostic log messages in codebase and test yappari with them to find more info...
Sorry, I must have missed your previous message. That log is unfortunately too short, although from latest message from Cepiperez I can solve at least the stream:error message, but a more complete log would be useful.

The crashes are undoubtedly a problem outside Yappari, even the coredumps are corrupted. I've tested it with a debug enabled version of Yappari and it seems clear. There can be, however, some way to avoid this crashes, but I've yet to found them.

Please, try to send me a log in which those disconnect occur and in which an INCOMING <notification> is received.

I'll be releasing 2.0.21 soon and will explain with it everything that has happened during the last two weeks, it's been pretty intensive.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Please, try to send me a log in which those disconnect occur and in which an INCOMING <notification> is received.
Not 100% sure but the disconnect have to be with groups incoming message, almost every tiime i got the disconnect crash, when connects again, recieve a (or several) gruop message(s).

Sometimes i suspect that is just something with WA server.

Anyway, waiting for the next realese.

Greetings.

Finally am part and parcel of the maemo community, it was difficulty getting registered. First and foremost i would like to give special thanx to ceene ooh u are truely our hero in the survival of nokia n900. Yappari is just awesome. Many thanx again to th rest of developers who are making contributions to the success of these fantastic apps. I howervr facing a problem maybe a bug i dont knw, i have YAPPARI 2..0.20 upgraded via repos in app manager, but since version 2.0.14 my yappari has been crashing 3-5 minutes of each successful login via either gsm, dual mode or 3G network but works perfectly fine via wifi network and doesn't crush at all.
I have seen threads about yappari saying connection closed by server, but thats not an issue to be worried about coz immediately after that notification yappari always get connected.
Plz if anyone cn tell what am missing, the help is greatly appreciated

The Following User Says Thank You to Carlotic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
@Carlotic - that sounds like what was being discussed in the previous 4 or so posts: crashes due to poor connection quality, typically GPRS

Sorry, I must have missed your previous message. That log is unfortunately too short, although from latest message from Cepiperez I can solve at least the stream:error message, but a more complete log would be useful.

The crashes are undoubtedly a problem outside Yappari, even the coredumps are corrupted. I've tested it with a debug enabled version of Yappari and it seems clear. There can be, however, some way to avoid this crashes, but I've yet to found them.

I'll be releasing 2.0.21 soon and will explain with it everything that has happened during the last two weeks, it's been pretty intensive.
hi ceene, I'm getting bunch of "stream:error", too.
This evenience usually leads yappari to crash in a couple of minutes.
I'll try to be more specific:

- during a session first I got 2 stream errors after "receipt delivering" stuff -> stream_error_00.txt, stream_error_01.txt

- then I got 3 stream errors after get_groups_3 -> stream_error_02.txt

- finally I see a fatal get_groups_3 -> no stream error, but IO error and "Invalid length 0x8"

please note:
- 39330****** is me
- 39338******* is another yappari client (dunno if having other yappari contacts could be related to stream error problems)

EDIT : updated since this morning to 2.0.21 and so far no more "stream:error" in log nor crashes! Thank you ceene!!
Attached Files
File Type: txt stream_error_00.txt (1.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: txt stream_error_01.txt (759 Bytes, 53 views)
File Type: txt stream_error_02.txt (1.0 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by enne30; 2015-09-22 at 07:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
Definitely banned, friend

Try to get whatsapp to unblock you by using an Android phone, or do what I did ... new number
Thanks
But I'll try the first option.

bump!

latest version (2.0.21) seems again very stable, running for 10 hrs without crashes!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari