Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Marcelo,

I asked again about the saving of my urls for podcasts because it sounded like the backup utility would save the whole database, including the screwed up parts, which I wanted to have start from scratch. I had some parts of my media library that were whose id3 tags were not being read correctly, and I wanted to try a fresh install. The only thing I wanted to retain were the urls for podcasts. The reinstall did fix a lot of my mp3 tag problems. I did the backup as suggested, but have not yet done the restore. Am I correct in assuming that I will get my old broken database back if I do the restore, including ID3 tag problems?

I was very excited to see that I could stream with Slimserver after this upgrade. It runs a direct mp3 stream, and it was nice to be able to use Canola for this. I will be able to pull the Internet Radio applet off of the desktop now. (I just wish Canola saw the album/song info. VLC sees some of it on my desktop. The default IR client on the N800 doesn't.) This is a huge step for me.

I am also enjoying the zoom function in the photo viewer.

Thanks again!!
-hal

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
hi hfw01 : it's restoring everything, but I really think you can force the media to rscan if something bad happens we need to have it working perfect. Here there was no problem (but I don't think that say much) and also some users already used and it was ok!

BR

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Hi guys,

I have just noticed an update to the Beta5 update in the Updates

I have Canola2 2.0.0~beta5-maemo1 installed and maemo2 is available as update.

There's no mention about this on the Canola website.

Hi anidel we are just uploading it

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by handful View Post
Hi anidel we are just uploading it
Thanks Canola team for the update today, to Canola2.0.0-beta5-maemo3

Tagging "Accents and box" issue are now fixed after updating Canola2 and following the instructions below.

IMPORTANT: To remove the "Box Character" you need to uncheck all folders in Media Library / Audio Folders and re-check again. This will cleanup all songs from your database.

1) Go to Settings Menu (Click on the Settings Icon in main menu)
2) Media Library
3) Audio Folders
4) Uncheck ALL folders (click in the eye to remove the check mark)
5) Back to main menu (you will see the "Updating Database" message)
6) Back to settings and re-check the Audio Folders
7) Back to main menu.
8) Done
Here is an example of the "box" character at start of each tag in error. (Track, Artist, Album) and an example of this issue now fully fixed in Beta5-maemo3

Here is an example of faulty accents, i.e. no accented characters and an example of accents now fixed (i.e. ó í & á) in Beta5-maemo3

Thanks again Canola team, Canola2 beta5 is looking great

Last edited by MikeL; 2008-02-25 at 22:32.

Marcelo,

ok...I tried the backup and restore routine...I should have done the backup BEFORE the upgrade to beta 5 (I guess that is obvious). It restored all of my podcast urls, but it also restored the borked database issues I was having. (Podcasts episodes listed under the wrong podcast title. When it downloads new podcasts, they show up under the correct url. It also brought back some empty directories in my music that were from when the media scanner did not recognise some of my tags.)

A new issue with the scanner is that it has now decided to recognize composer instead of genre on one of my albums, so it went from being blues, to being ten different genres, where the genre is actually the composer. I still have two other albums that don't have recognized genres.

All in all it is deffinately getting better.

I may do a complete reinstall, and manually enter all of my podcasts again to clean up the mess. Not sure what else to do for that. There doesn't appear to be a way to clear/rescan the podcast section of the database, while keeping the urls. Unless anyone has another suggestion. (Decided to do a complete reinstall. I'll just manually reenter podcasts....)

Thanks for all of the help and for the great app,

Hal

Last edited by hfw01; 2008-02-26 at 06:24.

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Philadelphia, PA
I just submitted a feature request I thought i would add here as well, for those not going to https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?group_id=125

I would like for at least podcasts to remember the position of the track upon exiting. That way if I was in the middle of listening to a podcast and paused it and exited the program for several hours, when I click the file again it should pick right up where I left off. This is the default behavior in ipods, if you're looking for an example.

Also, many many thanks for the great software. This really makes interfacing with media on the ITs many times better than using the built in software. Great job guys/gals!

I would second that request for the podcast to remember it's last position. I frequently have had to deal with that as an issue.

Hi Guys,

Sorry to hear that, this was supposed to be there. At least I checked yesterday with arthur that this was ready for video, I will check with Kenne about the podcast, but this was a initial feature, and I actually added also "Bookmarks" this of course were out because of time :/

Thanks for the reminder

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bath, UK
Is carman going to be integrated with canola and if so when can we expect it? I'd love to try it out as my OBD2 scanner is winging its way over in the mail as we speak.

Closed Thread