Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
For me it's also working correctly, tested with file browser as you described and some other apps (native + Android).

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Reboot the device.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Works fine for me too.

After the update 1.1.4.28 there would seem to be very rare random reboots. Didnt have these in ages.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
but it means there is no problem in update, also described behaviour is not possible at all. it rotates all or it doesn't rotates. it can't rotate application, but doesn't rotate gestures.
It's just as invalid to assume that it's just his device that has a problem, as it would be if he assumed that everyone's device was broken. If he applied the update and got this behaviour, then there is a problem in the update. Whether than may be local to him, and fixable in just his case, or apply to more people and require a more mature fix, is for us to establish. This is why saying 'it works for me' isn't helpful at all.

EDIT: not reproducable here. I switched my orientation to landscape and back and File Browser still operated correctly. What did you have that set to when you upgraded?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
I'd like to see landscape possibilities for the app-menu. With Maemo it was possible to have a portrait/landscape mode for the desktop. That was superb. You could even have a completely different lay-out in both ways.

I think widget on the desktop/appmenu would be nice. Like a weatherapp that's changing it's icon in degrees.

Last but not least: useragent-possibilities on the browser. That's one of the first things I check on a browser: do I only get crippled website-versions or will it be the full monty?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
all fine for me. problem is in your device/broken update
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Non-reproducible here.
Originally Posted by ssahla View Post
Not reproducible here either, 1.0.4.28, tested with Webcat and File Browser, gestures work like they should.
Originally Posted by ejjoman View Post
For me it's also working correctly, tested with file browser as you described and some other apps (native + Android).
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Works fine for me too.
Aha! Got it! For a moment I almost had a moment of relief as I also could not reproduce it, seemingly out of the blue. So I made a few experiments and yes, it IS still 100% reproducible.

The key is STARTING the app in landscape.

Turn your phone to landscape: speaker and USB port on the left, mic and LED on the right, buttons on the top. Yes, all launcher icons are sideways because the damn thing is not competent enough to rotate them. Now start File Browser. Swipe from the left edge. Tada!

EDIT:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...-in-landscape/

Last edited by pichlo; 2015-04-28 at 08:39.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Need to check what wrong with webcat then, because my own apps are working correctly this way. Means no bug in sailfishos, go and blame developers

Last edited by coderus; 2015-04-28 at 08:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Neec to check what wrong with webcat then, because my own apps are working correctly this way. Means no bug in sailfishos, go and blame developers
I wouldn't say that... Even though all my apps are working correctly as well, I can't remember there was any guideline how to correctly implement orientation switching.

So yes, it is up to developers to fix it, but it is not their fault some method stopped working (without any warning).

EDIT: But I also wouldn't call it a 'bug'.

The Following User Says Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Aha! Got it! For a moment I almost had a moment of relief as I also could not reproduce it, seemingly out of the blue. So I made a few experiments and yes, it IS still 100% reproducible.

The key is STARTING the app in landscape.

Turn your phone to landscape: speaker and USB port on the left, mic and LED on the right, buttons on the top. Yes, all launcher icons are sideways because the damn thing is not competent enough to rotate them. Now start File Browser. Swipe from the left edge. Tada!

EDIT:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...-in-landscape/
Can't reproduce, goes to multitask view

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post: