Active Topics

Hi,since the last update my 'accounts' has not been responding well.I cannot seem to add a new gmail account.Clicking on adding a new gmail account pushes me out to 'open apps' view.Kindly advice the best way to reset the accounts settings.I have tried using my backup,but still face the same problem.

Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
Such a crappy update! It seems that it's not enough to remove the messaging and contatcs sync (thanks to SUCKerberg) no... Jolla is also removing ALL the fb avatars and all data...
Why don't just keep it on the device?!
It's because those features will be removed from Facebook API altogether at the end of this month, so that functionality would have been lost anyway no matter if it was left on the device. I don't know if older API-version would still be partially functional, but if any issues were found with it there would be no support whatsoever from part of Facebook. So it's better to update them in time.

The Following User Says Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
So this is more of a background bug fix, developer package update?

I guess all the prep for sailfish 2.0

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
So this is more of a background bug fix, developer package update?

I guess all the prep for sailfish 2.0
It's better to have a lot of bug fixes and stuff then nothing at all. It at least shows that they're not forgetting us users and are actively working on improving things (solving bugs).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Athens
Tried to Update, but at some point Phone screen blacked out and red LED flashing fast. Buttons wouldn't work, so the only choice was to remove battery.
So I did and thank god phone is working just fine now.
The only thing is, I am not able to download the update!
Says, "Problem with Store".
Any tips??

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ UK/Greece
You might want to try signing out from your Jolla account (Store) and sign in again? (Do a reboot maybe in between) Sounds like generic IT advice but it might be that something is broken with account credentials.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Or try to clean the package cache using Utilities in System Settings.

Cleaning cache didn't help. Also made the phone to get stuck in always lid red LED. Needed battery removal again.
Tried to sign out from Jolla account, restarted and signed in again and restarted and tried to update. Alien Dalvik stopped, Patches removed from PatchManager. Nothing!

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by okourkoulos View Post
Cleaning cache didn't help. Also made the phone to get stuck in always lid red LED. Needed battery removal again.
Tried to sign out from Jolla account, restarted and signed in again and restarted and tried to update. Alien Dalvik stopped, Patches removed from PatchManager. Nothing!
Running out of disks space or in need of btrfs balance?

No, it's just that they took the Update back and will release it again maybe Monday!

The Following User Says Thank You to okourkoulos For This Useful Post: