Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I would much rather see how and what they are doing to get support for major services like eg netflix and chromecast and so forth.
I would much rather see how and what major services like e.g., netflix and chromecast are doing to get their services over standardised and open protocols so that anybody can consume them without having to do anything special e.g., writing a mobile application.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
I would much rather see how and what major services like e.g., netflix and chromecast are doing to get their services over standardised and open protocols so that anybody can consume them without having to do anything special e.g., writing a mobile application.
True, but at the same time. They have both users and something that millions, if not billions wants to pay for. Jolla got almost nothing, just us, a few geeks...are ready to pay for something new...not that useful. .

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Facebook support will be going, or atleast the chat will, through no fault of Jolla that is. While it was a good idea and I loved it with the N900, for some reason I just didn't like it with the N9 and the Jolla.

Mostly because my signal changes frequently between 2-3-4G causing constant disconnections and me constantly having to go on the website to see if I've missed any messages.

Push support would be awesome

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Looks like they are implementing a persistent status bar for the notification and home screens. Your thoughts on that?

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Let's wait to judge how it is, but my first thought is this is a bit sad. Not having a status bar is good to me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
did you checked sailfishos 2.0 videos? it's not persistent, it's only for homescreen views.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
did you checked sailfishos 2.0 videos? it's not persistent, it's only for homescreen views.
It's quite persistent on the homescreen views, though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
It's for homescreen views.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
True, but at the same time. They have both users and something that millions, if not billions wants to pay for. Jolla got almost nothing, just us, a few geeks...are ready to pay for something new...not that useful. .
We are ready to pay, but Jolla don't seem to think it's necessary for either developers to be compensated for their efforts and content, or for their own ecosystem. We NEEDED paid apps and developer tipping 6 months ago at least ...

However, "H2 '14" has turned into one comment in December '14 that there were problems preventing it, but it was a priority. MWC '15 has been and gone, and no mention of it at all in recent 'roadmap' statements. I think many of us assumed that it would have to be in place by tablet release, but that seems unlikely in the extreme, given the continuing silence.

It's looking ever more grim with regard to native development and content porting.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
jolla could contact important services providers, take the cost of hireing two devs sending them the the office and...bang. value is created for custoners...and I mean real users, the big mass not walking the net of device forums.

playing with some features in the OS is more expensive and gives less value and users. when you are a small fish you need to go out and help the bigger fishs to see you, not waiting for them. honestly, why should they care for wasting time on jolla?

If jolla could land a netflix app the would automatically get more users to see them...it woukd also ve easier to recommend them to friends and family ... today its "impossable".

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: