Active Topics

Notices

Maybe it's trying to access video files?:

From Wikipedia: "The game was initially released in a CD-ROM version and some time later in a floppy disk version; the CD-ROM version featured full motion video, music and speech whereas the floppy disk version has MIDI music files and still images to replace the videos."

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
No. There are several video files to be played before that and they are skipped if not found.

Interesting. I wonder if its possible to eliminate the code that calls the video files. Just eliminate the video. Course i could be speaking out of my rear.

oh ok......

Any recent devlopments? I'm still willing to fund this project!

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
No, nothing yet, and maybe it won't work (but i'll give it another try next week).

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Slovakia
yes, there is a problem - some files are upper case, some lower case. there is also problem with paths, but after quick fix, game is running in emulator. resolution and colors needs to be fixed too. waiting for n900 to continue work on this

switching from symbian to maemo

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to frizi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
heh, one of my favorite games from a long time ago

In any case, the CD is needed for the audio-cd tracks for sure, and I think that the videos were copied to the HD, but I may be wrong. Another thing are the voices: usually they are copied to the HD the first time you enter a "level", and there's an option to leave them on the HD, so you don't need to fetch them again at a later time.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Slovakia

The Following User Says Thank You to frizi For This Useful Post:
this is a really cool development (nice vid), searching for the cd now Are you planning to bring this to extras devel by the way?