Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by anand.bhoo View Post
how can i delete this post
Click on Edit. The edit page has a Delete option, with an optional field for reason for deletion. I have no idea if that field is ever used and what for.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
situation in Germany is somewhat unclear about "software tools meant to commit crimes". It's a very controversally discussed topic, and not really simple. Anyway hosting of *tools* is not illegal, and if you're for example a professional penetration tester then all sorts of cracking tools are in your daily toolbox.
However cracking the neighbour's WLAN just for fun is definitely ILLEGAL almost everywhere in the world.

None of the tools and info provided/hosted on maemo.org is intended to facilitate or encourage any illegal activity. Use of those tools and info is strictly limited to educational and scientific use as well as particular security tests

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
I'm not sure if everyone one was ranting. But has anyone been able to solve this issue? I'm attempting to test the software on my home network and I am at a similar situation. When I select Dictionary nothing shows up. Did I miss a step? On the homepage the author suggest

"INSTRUCTIONS for adding reaver and wash support in the application: Copy reaver, reaven.db and wash binaries in /home/user/.reaver/ and re-start Cleven for the links to be created."

I'm not sure if that is for the most current version or not. If anyone has any suggestion please PM or AIM me. (Would be nice if Maemo had a messaging system software for this wiki)

The Following User Says Thank You to aovide For This Useful Post: