Notices

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by princefakhan View Post
No. Of course bugs need to be fixed first. I just wanted to know if it is possible. Because that will be really cool.
To be honest, I am not quite sure I like the way Whatsapp has decided to implement this. I mean, I understand why THEY did it that way: so the only way to access is through your phone.

But for us, it'd probably be easier to rewrite the portions that are N900 specific and compile Yappari for Linux, maybe even for Windows, and have a native computer client.

At least that's they I'd like it to be; I just don't feel like using a browser is the best way of implementing non web protocols. All in all, it's a lot of work and we are still fixing lots of things, so this is going to be just a nice wish for a pretty long time.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2014 @ Rome, Italy
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
To be honest, I am not quite sure I like the way Whatsapp has decided to implement this. I mean, I understand why THEY did it that way: so the only way to access is through your phone.

But for us, it'd probably be easier to rewrite the portions that are N900 specific and compile Yappari for Linux, maybe even for Windows, and have a native computer client.

At least that's they I'd like it to be; I just don't feel like using a browser is the best way of implementing non web protocols. All in all, it's a lot of work and we are still fixing lots of things, so this is going to be just a nice wish for a pretty long time.
I totally agree with you!

The Following User Says Thank You to ithejoker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by ceene View Post

welcome to the dark side: https://github.com/davidgfnet/whatsapp-purple

And answer to "Why?" question is because it is the only way to have web application and your phone to be online at the same time. You know it, because you read whatsapp faq already.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
welcome to the dark side: https://github.com/davidgfnet/whatsapp-purple

And answer to "Why?" question is because it is the only way to have web application and your phone to be online at the same time. You know it, because you read whatsapp faq already.
Yes, I know that... it doesn't mean I like it

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
Well WhatsApp Web is just a mirror, as they said and it may prove useful at some times. It isn't that bad of an idea. And WhatsApp was meant to be a replacement of the traditional text messaging, so a computer client sort of contradicts it. Athough I do like the idea of a computer client too. But then we can always port the Yappari to other Linuxes and maybe Windows too.

Originally Posted by princefakhan View Post
Well WhatsApp Web is just a mirror, as they said and it may prove useful at some times. It isn't that bad of an idea. And WhatsApp was meant to be a replacement of the traditional text messaging, so a computer client sort of contradicts it. Athough I do like the idea of a computer client too. But then we can always port the Yappari to other Linuxes and maybe Windows too.
why? install pidgin and install whatsapp plugin. and you will get windows client. everything is done ages ago.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
Oh! I didn't know there is a Pidgin plugin for Whatsapp. Then, I don't use Pidgin. No surprise I don't know about that.

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
I think the whatsapp web app is useless compared to the telegram webapp. I used it ones on Windows Phone it's slow, wifi needs to be connected all the time and you wouldn't be able to send all type of file extension anyway.
X fordwarding using ssh is a easy thing to do.

The Following User Says Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Indonesia
( O.O.T ) i also use WA on pidgin, but when WA change their protocol, it doesn't work anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to supergaban For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by supergaban View Post
( O.O.T ) i also use WA on pidgin, but when WA change their protocol, it doesn't work anymore.
pidgin plugin updates constantly, and it never stopped working

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari