Active Topics

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Really? It doesn't support FAT32? Just asking, it might work as a workaround. I also agree that withdrawing a stretch goal after it was reached was a(nother) PR disaster.
If you format an sdxc card in my Olympus OM-D it formats it as ExFAT. There is no menu option to select other file systems.

It's possible it supports already formatted fat32 cards. I've never tried tbh as that limits the size of video.

Edit: nope, if you stick a fat32 formatted sdxc card in the Olympus it asks you to reformat it.

Last edited by aegis; 2015-01-30 at 01:03.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
No I can't. My camera only uses ExFAT on sdxc cards.
Install yourself exFAT support on Sailfish :
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94241&page=26
Maybe somebody will package and put in OpenRepos.net.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
No I can't. My camera only uses ExFAT on sdxc cards.I can't add Ext2

No, it's a stupid idea. Ext2 is passable although I would have to buy some really **** software for my Mac. Ext3/4 on sd cards is silly. They wouldn't be so daft.

And if we're being anti M$, can they please stop paying to license Exchange ActiveSync and put the money to fixing the open standards... CalDAV, CardDAV and improve their IMAP support.
And you can't plug them both in the PC? Then you can use both and copy + paste all day long. You can upgrade Jolla tablet to 64GB so you do not need card on that (i think)

AAND you can transfers your pics from many photo sharing software.

The Following User Says Thank You to Makeclick For This Useful Post:
So did i understood this correct.

First Jolla hates regular customers so much, that they leave something basic away (support for normal 128 and above memorycards). Then they announce, that if they get more money then they add support for normal cards. And finally when they got their money, they still are going to leave that support away?

Does Jolla really hate us normal customers so much? I feel stupid for using my little money for that kind of company.

Last edited by Urgenus; 2015-01-30 at 06:10.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
And you can't plug them both in the PC? Then you can use both and copy + paste all day long. You can upgrade Jolla tablet to 64GB so you do not need card on that (i think).
That's not the point. When you are on holiday in Ibiza, the tablet is your PC. Aegis and others want to take the card out of the camera, put it in the tablet and post photos of their latest shenanigans to Facebook.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That's not the point. When you are on holiday in Ibiza, the tablet is your PC. Aegis and others want to take the card out of the camera, put it in the tablet and post photos of their latest shenanigans to Facebook.
Some people might want to swap cards between devices but I feel that is pretty ancient procedure... once I stick a card in my phone or tablet is pretty much stays there.

A camera is a bit different animal, I have several cards of course that I rotate; when one is full and I have no chance to empty it to my laptop I'll just put it in my pocket and stick in another.
On the evening I will then transfer the goodies to my computer via USB cable, not by putting the card into the computer which has no slot for it anyway

So, what I'd like to see is ability for the tablet to replace my laptop in this scenario; to act as USB master host so I can connect my camera to it, I have no need to swap cards between the devices.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post

So, what I'd like to see is ability for the tablet to replace my laptop in this scenario; to act as USB master host so I can connect my camera to it, then I have no need to swap cards between the devices.
I think you missed the bold word.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Urgenus View Post
Does Jolla really hate us normal customers so much? I feel stupid for using my little money for that kind of company.
Not Jolla. The loud part of community unfortunately does.

The Following User Says Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
Not Jolla. The loud part of community unfortunately does.
It is Jolla who desided to listen only the loud minority, who does not want Jolla work like every other modern device...

Hmmn. Maybe the loud ones are actually secret agents from Android- or Windows tablet companies who don't want Jolla and Sailfish to become mainstream.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Urgenus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
And you can't plug them both in the PC? Then you can use both and copy + paste all day long. You can upgrade Jolla tablet to 64GB so you do not need card on that (i think)

AAND you can transfers your pics from many photo sharing software.
If I'm carrying a laptop with me I don't need the tablet.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:

Tags
indiegogo, jolla, jolla tablet