Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by stuartywr View Post
Please could Warehouse for Sailfish have a menu option to show all apps installed by Warehouse. There's a list of repositories but it is not always easy to remember which apps were installed.

I want to uninstall all Openrepos apps and repositories and found it difficult to identify what hd been installed.
This function is on the list.
For now you can use console command:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...90#post1438690

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by otrozon View Post
hello,
works application on the latest updates 1.1.1.27? or are there any problems?

thanks
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
It does work, but may show dialog that application is not responding, when info for multiple packages is updated before displaying. It is safe to try 'wait' couple of times, and then close and restart warehouse. Requested operation should be completed as expected.

I'm working on the fix for that issue.
I also get this "application is not responding" dialog way too often. Especially when I'm installing or upgrading a big application (like MeeCast), I get the dialog like every 2-5 seconds. It's made the package installation and upgrading features of Warehouse completely unusable.

As a work around, I now use Warehouse only for repository enablement and for a occasional repository refresh to see what apps got updates. The updates I then do via command line 'pkcon update'. I can live with this, but it would be nice to be able to use a graphical interface for the updates also. I wonder what Jolla Store application does differently, since it doesn't freezy at all when installing applications.

I hope you can find the time to fix this. If you need any other info, please ask!

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jtts View Post
I can live with this, but it would be nice to be able to use a graphical interface for the updates also. I wonder what Jolla Store application does differently, since it doesn't freezy at all when installing applications.
Jolla store uses the asynchronous PakageKit-Qt API and private repositories that only contain what the user has selected in the store to minimize transaction times.
If also only refreshes the user-private store repository before installing, and not all. This makes it faster.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Jolla store uses the asynchronous PakageKit-Qt API and private repositories that only contain what the user has selected in the store to minimize transaction times.
If also only refreshes the user-private store repository before installing, and not all. This makes it faster.
Warehouse does the same: package kit api, and per repository refreshes (unless you told to make a full refresh). Problem is at UI events processing.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by jtts View Post
I also get this "application is not responding" dialog way too often. Especially when I'm installing or upgrading a big application (like MeeCast), I get the dialog like every 2-5 seconds. It's made the package installation and upgrading features of Warehouse completely unusable.
I would say "inconvenient", but not "unusable". If you just leave the phone be with the popup on the screen, it will disappear in due time on its own.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I would say "inconvenient", but not "unusable". If you just leave the phone be with the popup on the screen, it will disappear in due time on its own.
That's good to know. I thought that if you don't click on popup's Wait-button the program gets automatically killed after a few seconds (if the program doesn't start responding on its own before that). I guess something else caused Warehouse to close when I tried leaving the dialog alone.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Just close Warehouse and wait a bit then open it again. Your installation procedure won't be interrupted.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
I have problem with Warehouse. I'm getting this error all the time on the start:
TRANSACTION /3536_dcceecae
Extra deatils: Couldn't find the specifed repository

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
repo not found - you enabled somebody repository, but this repository was removed. You need to find that repo and disable it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by matimilko View Post
Any suggestions?
Thanks
as Coderus mentioned, this error is not caused by warehouse itself, but was reported by package manager.

You need to run 'pkcon refresh' or 'zypper ref' as root at phone terminal to get list of broken repositories.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:

Tags
app store, application, awesomeness, client, harmattan, immortalmeego, repository, sailfish os