Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Excuse me for my ignorance. Just tried to install a simple SDKv1 (as I'm still on old firmware ) watch face using PWC, this one to be exact. It seems as if PWC does indeed pick up the file type, and the file at least is copied to ~/.local/share/pebble/apps, but when I try to install it, there's no app to be selected under "Install app"; the list is empty..

What am I missing?

[edit] Hmm, grabbing a SDKv2 app does show up in the list, but trying to install it yields an endless spinner on the selected slot. I'll try to update the firmware tomorrow at work, Android-galore over there anyway.

Last edited by Fuzzillogic; 2015-01-11 at 22:51.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I've managed to get the official Pebble Store partially to work on my Jolla. It can download the apps from the store now.
Will there be a support for auto detecting downloaded apps? Maybe a simple 'check' in the folder of /data/data/com.getpebble.android/app_jskit_installed_apps/ ?

Would be great to just use the official client to download apps, so that our sailfish pebble client can pick this up

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Would it be possible to add some kind of compilation of apps that people have managed to get working with newest js. branch here. Maybe just a simple list and pbw. files possibly.
And some day even companion apps etc...

Would be nice to see what apps people are using

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Excuse me for my ignorance. Just tried to install a simple SDKv1 (as I'm still on old firmware ) watch face using PWC, this one to be exact. It seems as if PWC does indeed pick up the file type, and the file at least is copied to ~/.local/share/pebble/apps, but when I try to install it, there's no app to be selected under "Install app"; the list is empty..
Soo... I noticed yesterday, that not all apps I copied to pebble show up on the list, but did not have time to look into it yet. So you've probably just nailed it - theese could be SDKv1 apps. Looks like a bug - we did all the testing with SDKv2 apps, as the focus was on getting JS companion apps working.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Will there be a support for auto detecting downloaded apps? Maybe a simple 'check' in the folder of /data/data/com.getpebble.android/app_jskit_installed_apps/ ?

Would be great to just use the official client to download apps, so that our sailfish pebble client can pick this up
That's a very good idea and very easy to do.
Please submit a feature-request on GitHub, so I won't forget. ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
I've managed to get the official Pebble Store partially to work on my Jolla. It can download the apps from the store now.
How exactly did you install it? Google Play Store does not allow it as it says my Jolla is not supported.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
Soo... I noticed yesterday, that not all apps I copied to pebble show up on the list, but did not have time to look into it yet. So you've probably just nailed it - theese could be SDKv1 apps. Looks like a bug - we did all the testing with SDKv2 apps, as the focus was on getting JS companion apps working.
Well... I updated the Pebble to v2.8.1 today using an Android device, and waddayouknow, the apps I tried to install earlier were already present and functional on the watch. Weird, because they didn't show up yesterday. PWC also lists them correctly.

So there might still be a bug, but having up-to-date firmware seems to help too

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
That's a very good idea and very easy to do.
Please submit a feature-request on GitHub, so I won't forget. ;-)
why not hitting the "Thanks!" button?

How exactly did you install it? Google Play Store does not allow it as it says my Jolla is not supported.
I installed the app on a real Android device, then connected my Pebble with the phone. After that, I copied /data/data/com.getpebble.android to Jolla phone (same dir).
But be sure to exclude /data/data/com/getpebble.android/database
Otherwise it wouldn't let me pass the "connecting" part.

After that, I could just use the app without needing to connect pebble watch. I can browse and download any watchface/watchapp.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
After that, I could just use the app without needing to connect pebble watch. I can browse and download any watchface/watchapp.
Try this build please: https://copy.com/f9ygCvwldX3V2cRx

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by j4mppa View Post
This is the Weather app I was using Weather
I checked the daemon log:

[D] JSKitXMLHttpRequest::JSKitXMLHttpRequest:243 - constructed
[D] JSKitXMLHttpRequest:pen:266 - opened to URL "http://api.flickr.com/services/rest/?method=flickr.places.findByLatLon&api_key=f1a5294 6c4d821f45252831aa6f93646&lat=122.3524&lon=122.892 1&accuracy=11&format=json&nojsoncallback=1"
[D] JSKitXMLHttpRequest::send:320 - sending "GET" to QUrl( "http://api.flickr.com/services/rest/?method=flickr.places.findByLatLon&api_key=f1a5294 6c4d821f45252831aa6f93646&lat=11.3524&lon=11.8921& accuracy=11&format=json&nojsoncallback=1" ) with ""
[D] JSKitXMLHttpRequest::handleReplyError:489 - reply error 202
[D] JSKitXMLHttpRequest::handleReplyError:496 - going to call onerror handler: "function() { [code] }"
[D] JSKitConsole::log:177 - "Error: Failed to connect!"
[D] JSKitXMLHttpRequest::handleReplyFinished:463 - reply finished, reply text: "{"stat":"fail","code":95,"message":"SSL is required"}"
[D] JSKitXMLHttpRequest::handleReplyFinished:472 - going to call onload handler: "function() { [code] }"
[D] JSKitConsole::log:177 - "Error"

So it looks like flickr started requiring httpS for its API and the app needs updating.
When I did the request over https in my browser I got the locality info correctly.

Tags
pebble, pebble time, pebbled