Active Topics

Originally Posted by jandmdickerson View Post
can someone email me the contents of that folder...not the large map data but the other files?
Same here please

/media/mmc2 (Internal card)
map
map.lst (file)
mapdata (dir)
mapdata_Atlantis (dir)
mapdata_USA-West (dir)
navicore (dir)
version.txt (file)
versions (dir)

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Based on my experience you do not need to copy any files to your internal memory card... If it is empty, Maps creates automatically correct directory structure there. (At least this worked for me. I formatted the internal card empty, installed Maps, run Maps, and suddenly there was "map" directory plus bunch of other files there. I'm not sure if the installation of Maps or first run of Maps created the files... but it "just worked".)

The only thing you need is to copy the "mapdata_xxxxxx" directories including files under them into "map" directory. Maps will see them from there when opened "Available maps".

Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Alright! Well I've managed to fix the solution once and for all. You delete everything in the maps folder, uninstall the Maps app and reinstall it from within the Application Manager. Then you go to the Navicore website and hunt down the maps you want, download them and copy them into the 'map' folder, once all this is done, in the Maps folder you should have 2 folders only - the mapdata folder and a Navicore folder, as well as a text file called 'version' Once you open the maps, which should now be working again, it will ask you which maps you want to use, select the ones you want and off you go. The program will rename the mapdata folder to 'mapdata' and everything should work.

And thanks for your help Mara

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
One more thing... I believe originally N810 has voice (speech) files saved in N810 internal memory card. (Does it?) Clearing/formatting up everything will also erase those files. Installing Maps do not restore the voice files.

I think the voice guiding files can be downloaded from navicore as well, but I'm not using the premium features so I can not tell how it works.

Just a word of caution...

Oh ok, I've started the 7 day trial, I'll see if it talks to me or not! After the 7 days trial expires, I should be able to use the maps as normal just without the navigation right?