Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
In what older are you going to send keyboards?
Who funded project first?
Or who answered survey first?
hero - proto's - signatures (the 200 option) - diy - 100 - 110 - and so on

seemed like most fair order. but still, i cannot predict how it will go. maybe all will be finished in one week after waiting on some part and then sent on the same day, who knows

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by hhbbap View Post
The kickstarter page had Scandic, but no Finnish as a layout.
Does the Finnish layout having the scandic (æøå)?
Based on pictures it has the layout that both finns and swedes use (.fi & .se keyboards are identical). So it would have å, ä and ö, but no æ or ø.

Not sure if they could fit æ&ø on ä&ö keys. Plus danes and norwegians having those keys on different places* would require having three symbols per key.

*one of the least smartest decisions in keyboard desings ever.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
[OT] Clearly you know nothing about the UK keyboard layout It is completely different from the US one. I am not talking about the obvious $ vs £. No, they differ in the placement of @ and # too (perhaps other ones too, can't remember off the top of my head). Smart? No. [/OT]

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Based on pictures it has the layout that both finns and swedes use (.fi & .se keyboards are identical). So it would have å, ä and ö, but no æ or ø.

Not sure if they could fit æ&ø on ä&ö keys. Plus danes and norwegians having those keys on different places* would require having three symbols per key.

Norwegian qwerty keyboard has ø on the key that Swedish qwerty layout has ö, and æ in the place of ä, Danish has the place of æ and ø swapped compared with the Norwegian qwerty layout. I think it is easy enough to recognize ö as ø for the swedish->norwegian layout, but if a Danish layout is preferred I guess it is easy enough to remember that the two are swapped, or just use Norwegian instead.

Because I didn't want to use a blank layout, dvorak wasn't available(for any language), and I mostly type norwegian, that means that Finnish qwerty layout is my best choice I think. I think Finnish qwerty and Norwegian qwerty layout are equally good, can easily remember the few keys that are different.

I don't know yet if the Jolla keyboard is good enough to use without looking, but if it is then what is printed on the keys won't matter, if it isn't then a qwerty layout is better than a blank one. I don't want to commit to engrave a layout myself until I know how much extra it will cost me and besides it is a lot of work to ensure every key has the correct third and fourth level characters.

For the norwegian vkb-layout I just copied an english dvorak layout, changed first and second level keys so they match norwegian dvorak, and added/moved a couple of third and fourth level characters to ensure I have them and preferably in the right position. A VKB layout can be tweaked any time, an engraved physical layout better be right the first time. Much more work making that.

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Norway
The Swedish layout (Scandic) is fine by me, so I just selected the Finnish layout in the query.
(The Swedish and Norwegian letters are pronounced similar and in same place.)

Last edited by hhbbap; 2014-12-08 at 21:05.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Dirkvl, wich type of company I have to search to make the laser engraving for adding spanish symbols to my qwerty keyboard? How to search somewhere where they do that?

Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Dirkvl, wich type of company I have to search to make the laser engraving for adding spanish symbols to my qwerty keyboard? How to search somewhere where they do that?
I'm not dirk but search for a laser engraving shop

The Following User Says Thank You to Waitee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
I think there's somewhere page where I can change colour combinations for the TOHKBD? It's hard to decide without seeing the keyboard..

Dirk spams my e-mail almost hourly..

The Following User Says Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
He sent a mail threw Kickstarter on the 4th of decemeber with link in it

Dear backer, fan, user, community member, friend and sailor

It has been an amazing ride and with your help we have left the harbour with a boat three times larger than planned!

We are humbled by all the kind words you said, are grateful for all the useful suggestions and will now embark on the journey of making it happen.

You will receive a survey very soon to enter your colour/layout preferences and your details. If you need help visualizing click here. We had 20 layout requests for 14(!) different layouts, so we'll stick to the 6 original layouts presented on the main page.

Again, on behalf of the whole TOHKBD team, we thank you very much and are excited about the journey ahead!

Sail on,

Dirk, Kimmo & Andrew

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd