Active Topics

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2008 @ San Franicsco
Does anyone have any tips or guides to boosting the performance of the n810 (safely). I get a lot of hang-ups (but it always comes through) and slow performance on occasion. I had downloaded that load applet to see how much of my resources were being used and it jumped up (max) every few seconds. I think it may have slowed it down but I wasn't sure if it was my tablet or just the applet's nature. At this point, i just removed any programs I don't use and set some virtual memory. So any tips would be nice on boosting performance.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I never liked the load applet. It always used to show too much usage of resources.
After i uninstalled it..... i found it more responsive. I think it is more of Ignorance is bliss!

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2008 @ San Franicsco
my philosophy for removing it.

RSS reader is said to kill battery life, hence to be hogging resources.

There is a thread in the 810 forum regarding saving battery life. It all has to do with turning off options in applications that run to the point where it can drain your battery. This should also free up resources. Do a search and check it out.

Do you tether your tablet to a blackberry? Vote for Nokia to fix the DUN bug so your mobile connectivity experience improves.