Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Beerduck View Post
I'm a four year user of the N900 and the N900 keyboard has been the single most important factor for me not to upgrade to another phone. I've tried a lot of other phones, but no other phone has been able to provide me with an equally good feel and responsiveness and usability than the N900 has. I love the N900 exclusively because of the keyboard.

Now, I've followed Jolla for a long time. About a year before it became available. The other half always intrigued me, and as it came available I wondered why there was no official keyboard TOH available? Surely it's not that hard to design for a group of 60 ppl.

Well, apparently it was, I had heard that someone was developing a slideout keyboard for Jolla but didn't give it much attention because my attention was elsewhere.

Now, a year later we have this. Dirk, our messiah. My ****ing god, Dirk. My saviour.

A few days ago a friend of mine gave me a 100€ discount code for Jolla (codes that have circulated these forum, but this one unused), and I started looking again at Jolla. Now 250€ for a new phone, not to mention Jolla was exactly what I needed.

250€ for a Jolla, Not bad. I had been looking for a new phone for a while, but nothing could beat the greatness of the N900. I still knew everything that makes the Jolla do good and I've had the pleasure to test my friends Jolla, I knew that especially with something like this, Dirks keyboard coming out, this was the phone for me.

I ordered my Jolla earlier today. and I'm going to support Dirks tohkbd kickstarter immediately when it comes out.

I feel that even without the immediate tohkbd this will be a new love in my life.
Wooow, I do not know what to say, THANKS

Also, the page that is awaiting review:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...token=02e2365d

To know what you will be F5ing for

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What happened? My guess...TOHHKB hit kickstarkickstarter.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-10-28 at 16:48.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What happened? My guess...TOHHKB hit kickstarkickstarter.
i know exactly how to make you happy dave

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
I think you should add a few higher levels (>200), with some virtual rewards. For people that want to support and have some extra cash on the side, but don't need 5 keyboards. Remember that kickstarter steals quite a lot of money in taxes (40k out of those 55 will probably reach you, if 70 euro out of each 100 is enough then disregard that)
edot: especially when the time will start running out and there will be a bit left missing (typos fixed)

Last edited by szopin; 2014-10-28 at 17:13.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Also, the page that is awaiting review:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...token=02e2365d
Saved to FF bookmarks toolbar, 1st place

Finally a true answer to a question asked lots and lots of times: ARE THE MAGNETS STRONG ENOUGH

decide for yourself

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Finally a true answer to a question asked lots and lots of times: ARE THE MAGNETS STRONG ENOUGH

decide for yourself
Catgroove by Parov Stelar

I ****ing Love You Man

The Following User Says Thank You to Beerduck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Kickstarter And Amazon will take approx 10% (5% each or smth) of the collected funds as a fee, by the way, but I'm sure this is the right decision.

I wonder if you got sponsored by Jolla in doing this as this project will earn Jolla some(/much) visibility too . And Lastucase too... If not, they should have

Last edited by Thoke; 2014-10-28 at 18:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Germany - Munich / Mannheim
Is there a video / animation on how the user may slide the keyboard to open or close it?

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki
Edit: reducing the footprint because this post didn't serve a purpose. It was about the unfinished KS pledges, no info.

Last edited by Beerduck; 2014-10-28 at 19:04.

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd