Active Topics

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I can live with a wooden back.
I don't think it looks that nice if I just rip it off

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
The wooden back is actually what annoys me the most with tohkbd2, and I'm one of those who supported the kbd project since prototype 1. The wooden back is just too conspicuous and too "look at me I'm beautiful and I my owner spent a lot of money just for my handsomeness" for me, but there is no alternative option so I'll go for it (and maybe paint it un black at some point).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Since I have a LastuCase already and love the look and feel of it I'm more than happy to see the wooden back on TOHKBD.

40 minutes to go for big announcement....

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Are we there yet? We're are we...

Cash ready?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Maybe Dirkvl is just going to announce that the backlight leds will be RGB. :>

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Switzerland
very good timing from dirk.. payday was just 3 days ago

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
I think this is quite an important question: Is there really no way the virtual keyboard can be hidden with tohkbd open?

I can't believe people talk about what the back looks like, but don't care, that there's going to be virtual keyboard always visible, covering 1/3 of the screen in landscape... When you close the keyboard, the full virtual keyboard is not going to pop up, but you will need to hold the space key and switch the layout. And you will need to do this again when you open the keyboard, to switch to the stripped down keyboard version. Unless I'm mistaken...?

PS: Not that I'm not buying - I look forward to the keyboard very much - but I think that this should be thought through as it makes half the experience.

Last edited by nodevel; 2014-10-28 at 13:50.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
I think this is quite an important question: Is there really no way the virtual keyboard can be hidden with tohkbd open?
Well, it's a software issue... you can vote here: https://together.jolla.com/question/...-is-connected/

I am really concerned about it actually because it was a good workaround for the prototype kbd I have, but not convenient enough for a "final" solution in my opinion. I thanked your last post about it to show my interest on that matter but it was probably a little bit too shy of me.

Perhaps Kimmoli or someone from Jolla (or formerly from Jolla) could better answer on that question.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
It's time!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd