Active Topics

Closed Thread
I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get it before the end of next week.

I was hoping, as were a few others, that either update 1.1 or the anniversary update would be a big one which really improved some of the core features and UX ... but now that they've missed the early September update by a whole month, I'm guessing this is pretty unlikely

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
version?

10 chars
Dunno yet, was the latest Tahkalampi 1.0.8.19 before taking it to repair service.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
I agree about incremental updates. But if you want the Bash patches, why wait? Just fire up Warehouse and update the Bash package as provided there. That way you're fixed.
Because it's neildk's patch not Jolla's.

No offence intended to neildk but security patches should come from the OS developer not some random person who we don't know on a repo that's open to just anybody with no QA.

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by aegis View Post

No offence intended to neildk but security patches should come from the OS developer not some random person who we don't know on a repo that's open to just anybody with no QA.
well, that is Aegis as we know it
(no offence, got your point)

Last edited by Leinad; 2014-10-02 at 17:01.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Say what?
http://jolla.com/updates/

How long vacation do they have at jolla ?

"
Next update in September

After putting out seven software updates, we’ll be taking a short well-deserved break in July. Look out for the next update in early September.
Cheers,
Jolla Team
"

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-10-02 at 17:44.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
well, that is Aegis as we know it
(no offence, got your point)
Unfortunately I've had this company name since 2003, before Nokia inflicted it on the N9.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get it before the end of next week.

I was hoping, as were a few others, that either update 1.1 or the anniversary update would be a big one which really improved some of the core features and UX ... but now that they've missed the early September update by a whole month, I'm guessing this is pretty unlikely
I'd lower my expectations. They said weeks ago that Update 9 (or 1.1.x, as far as I know) will, among other things, upgrade the Qt version to 5.2. This may not bring a ton of new features, but it's a huge task for Jolla. Also, I remember someone from Jolla saying that even the following update (10) will probably be more bugfixing (bugs from 9) than anything else, because update 9 is so ambitious that they just expect bugs to appear once it's out on users' devices.

I don't know when we'll get an OS update full of new features, but I'd assume it won't be 9 or 10.

(Update 9 should enable a few things in the app world, though. At least that was the plan at some point.)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Looking at the Jolla store people aren't impressed with younited android app.

I was expecting it to be build into the system with this new update

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by aegis View Post

And I fully agree with that. But my point was clear, I hope? I only said something about upgrading Bash using Warehouse, not who should deliver that update in the first place. Either you do something with my advice if you're concerned about Bash or not, your choice. It was nothing more than advice.

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Looking at the Jolla store people aren't impressed with younited android app.

I was expecting it to be build into the system with this new update
As long as they give us the option to remove it (unlike the Tutorial app). I don't want Younited, I use OneDrive and am very happy with that.

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
edging, jollasoap, sailfish update