Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
I am a layman who bought a Jolla because I liked the idea of a few people standing up for what they believed to be a superior product. I know almost nothing about the technical things that are being discussed here. I come to this forum to check the status of the latest update that was supposed to have been released in September. I request all of those who have other important things to discuss such as Mediatek, SOC, Qualcomm, TI OMAP, etc. etc. to form a seperate thread and continue with their discussions/arguments. Hope I am not asking too much. Thank you.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
...bought a Jolla because I liked the idea of a few people standing up for what they believed to be a superior product.
Me too!

I come to this forum to check the status of the latest update that was supposed to have been released in September.

I also find it useful to check:

Just a quick question:
I did a "pkcon refresh/update" today and now version gives me "SailfishOS 1.1.0.26 (Uitukka) (armv7hl)".
Will this be a problem when the offical version is released through the Sailfish OS update "app"?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
you need to use version --dup, not pkcon/zypper for upgrading os version

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Tomorrow is the day folks.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Tomorrow is the day folks.
Source for this???

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
Source for this???
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=127

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I am a layman who bought a Jolla because I liked the idea of a few people standing up for what they believed to be a superior product. I know almost nothing about the technical things that are being discussed here. I come to this forum to check the status of the latest update that was supposed to have been released in September. I request all of those who have other important things to discuss such as Mediatek, SOC, Qualcomm, TI OMAP, etc. etc. to form a seperate thread and continue with their discussions/arguments. Hope I am not asking too much. Thank you.
So if you want a thread specifically so that you can be pinged when the update comes in I think that you're approaching this the wrong way. This thread and all others that came before it are basically a collection of random ramblings, rumors and unfounded predictions since the very post #1. Has there been any "on topic" post at all? What would a on topic post look like? "no the update is not out yet" for every other minute?

These threads are at best described as random topic chat rooms and at worst as TMO's 9gag. Which is the reason I guess many sailors avoid them.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
So no source... unless you work for Jolla, that is.

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
I think Dave has a similar message for every day of the week, thus, he is always right!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
edging, jollasoap, sailfish update