Hi

I have one use for my 770 that others might too,

I want to be able to load up 20-30 photos of an old car restoration project so I can take my 770 with me and show the pics to the bodyshop etc,

the photos will be standard jpegs , 100k or so in size from my Sony camera.

I just ordered a 1G memory card so I will have the room,

I would like to show one photo and either use the stylus to press an arrow(?) back and forth to show the others.

Any simple ideas of a program I will need to load up , and how to get the photos from my Home computer to the 770.

Thanks for your help, I am much better with a wrench than a keyboard

A simple way to do this without someone developing a program would be to just create a multipage PDF file and use the built in PDF viewer to view the photos and turn the pages back and forth. If you have Adobe Acrobat you can create a PDF or just paste the photos into a MS Word document and then convert the Word doc to PDF. You can do the same with Powerpoint. If you don't have a way to convert to PDF just use the free conversion tools offered by GoBCL at http://www.pdfonline.com/. Hope this helps solve your needs.

Why not using the 770's normal Images procedure. It's very good and flexible enough, quality is really splendid, zooming shows nicely picture details, re.: Help/770. E.g. pictures in a directory can be viewed back and forth with arrows.
I use 770-Images a lot for a "family photo show machine" in family gatherings.
Transferring pictures PC<->770 is a standard USB procedure, re.: the 770-manual.

You can do this out of the box, no third party software required. Put your pictures in a directory and then, via File Manager, double click the first picture to display it, you can then use the on-screen controls or the buttons to navigate through all your pictures.

HTH

Kevin

the one feature missing that would make the 770's image viewer first class for my purpose, would be the addition of a Slideviewer Function.
being able to set on screen duration of the image, then automatically advance thru each Digital Photo File.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Innsbruck
the simpliest way to slide show on N770:

1. download your pictures to one directory on rs-mmc card using file manager
2. double-click on the first picture
3. push the full-screen key on the top of N770
4. in the full-screen modus use the scroll button to view pictures forwards and backwards
5. use the zoom key on the top to zoom in and out; use the stylus to move within zoomed picture

have nice day

... and if you own a SD format card camera just buy a 1G mmc card, put it in the camera using the adapter, take as many photo you like, insert the card in the 770 slot and enjoy the show using the included picture view. I found that very useful during a long journey, this way you are able to check and select the good photos deleting the bad ones. If you have assembled the usb good adapter (visit http://thoughtfix.blogspot.com) it comes very easy to transfer the photos on a bigger memory (usb disk or iPod/Zen, why not?) and free your card ready for the day after. That's how I use my 770 more often. Maybe is not the simpler solution, waiting for suggestion and improvement.

thanks for all the ideas, right now I have a Sony camera with Memory stick , so i need to download them to the desktop and then to the 770,

not a big deal really , well not enough of a hassle to go out and buy a SD format camera.

Beaulieu

The built-in image viewer may not suit your needs. It cannot view large images.
I have transferred 2mp images taken on my phone, and the image viewer simply states "Not enough memory to display image."
Swap is on and less than half used.
The images are 2mp, about 300kb jpegs.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
You can always first use picasa or other software to export images to roughly 1024x768 resolution or even to pre-crop them to 15:9 ratio and then transfer the images. I'd say that for you purpose, the default image viewer program is just perfect.