Notices

Originally Posted by zoom
Problem with LDW-3 is segmentation fault crash right after announcing "Establishing GPS-fix".
Sup,

I will clarify for you and everyone else one major known bug, Maemo-mapper as for now (version 0.1), has a bug, if the gps -receiver don't have a fix before maemo-mapper is launched, it will crash when it tries to get a fix.

This is a known bug and should happen with almost all of gps-receivers. You tried with getting a fix first and then launching mapper?

And, there is a list in this forum that hopefully will someday have quite a decent list of working gps-receivers: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=1970

Originally Posted by forge
Maemo-mapper as for now (version 0.1), has a bug,
I'd believe that:

gdouble fraction = running_total * sqrt(num_sats_used)
/ num_sats_used / 100.0;

What if num_sats_used is zero?

Originally Posted by RussNelson
I'd believe that:

/ num_sats_used / 100.0;

Then the answer will be 0, if you turn it around then it will "divison by zero"and it will crash.

EDIT: didn't look close enough... yes it will crash if num_sats_used is 0.

Sorry

EDIT2: have to blame it on the early morning... need coffe...

Last edited by HardCoder; 2006-05-19 at 06:17.

Originally Posted by TiganSan
Smiley Dan, try this suggestion from gnuite to help you with your black screen. Type the command as shown below and then shutdown and reboot 770. It is working great for me now.
That worked! I also noticed the icon changed post-reboot from the standard .deb packager icon to a "gridded-globe". I also got some strange behaviour post reboot where the app would close depending on the pattern of interaction with the settings. I found I had to setup the MAC to 00:00:00:00:00:00 and the URL, ok, disable GPS, close the app, reopen the app, then auto-download.

Also, I was zoomed in a bit too far!

Looking like a good app.

On the subject of where the application goes from here, rather than forking which in my opinion is rather coarse grained, why not go the plug-in route and allow people to develop and install what they _want_ to develop and install, upon the same basic mapping software?

Clearly the app would probably have to mature first, otherwise API instability would probably piss off a lot of plugin developers

Originally Posted by kutibah
This is what Gnuite told me and it worked for me: [cut]
thanks for the re-post, I'm sorry I did not noted the reply from gnuite. Anyway it doesn't work for me, because I can't replace the etc/profile file, as I have no permissions. Maybe I should have root access for this operation?

Hmmmm..... Is this comment correct or should the "not" be deleted?
Code:
    /** The connection with the receiver is up and a GPS fix is not available.
     * No gtk_banner is visible */
    GPS_FIXED
Also, given that the other three constants start with RCVR_, I would call it RCVR_FIXED instead.

This patch check the NMEA checksum and doesn't skip potential end-of-string '\0' characters:

http://russnelson.com/maemo-mapper-0.1-nmea.patch

Originally Posted by RussNelson
I'd believe that:

/ num_sats_used / 100.0;

Originally Posted by HardCoder
Then the answer will be 0, if you turn it around then it will "divison by zero"and it will crash.

EDIT: didn't look close enough... yes it will crash if num_sats_used is 0.

Sorry

EDIT2: have to blame it on the early morning... need coffe...
Actually, since we're working with floating point numbers here, the answer will be 0.0 / 0.0, which resolves to NaN. This is almost definitely why some have seen the gtk_progress_set_percentage CRITICAL assertion failure, since the protective BOUND() call would not detect a NaN. I'm not sure if that would cause a force-quit, though, since it's not a FATAL assertion failure, but I haven't actually tested the case with 0 used satellites, so I can't say for sure either way.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
Originally Posted by tigert
(Hi everyone! )

The problem is, that the cache folder needs to exist - the application does not seem to create it if it does not. That fixed it for me.
Actually, I think the real problem is that sometimes the "apps" directory itself is missing (if, for example, you never used the built-in e-mail client). So if you have "/home/user/apps", you'll be fine.

Also it appears that you need to be careful about what other bluetooth devices are near when you run it the first time after the install - the program tried to connect to my desktop (w/ a motorola bluetooth adapter) and it just wouldn't connect to my garmin gps. Even though I had it installed and working fine before (I just did a reflash).

The solution was to run "hcitool scan", note the gps' MAC address, then manually typing it into the settings menu.

Just in case somebody else finds themselves stuck like I was.

BTW, excellent work gnuite. If you're ever in SW Portland, I'll buy you a fine local microbrew (or two) at a real local dive.

Brad.