Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by gexc View Post
It seems that you need to do an upgrade to 1.0.2.5 first, then 1.0.7.16.

Maybe you could seek help in the #jollamobile IRC channel.
Be careful friend, this is how I ended up with a total brick!
Device rebooted during the update and now I am stuck in a reboot loop, with no recovery option, and a locked bootloader which will not allow me to reflash from my nand backup!
I repeat, I do not endorse this method

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Hey, is there an app that monitors what apps are using my data and how much its using?

ever since the update, my phone is crazy using up all my data!
and its been lagging heaps too (im assuming its lagging because its trying to process something, which is also using up my data)

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Be careful friend, this is how I ended up with a total brick!
Device rebooted during the update and now I am stuck in a reboot loop, with no recovery option, and a locked bootloader which will not allow me to reflash from my nand backup!
I repeat, I do not endorse this method
hmm... so the 'safe' method is to only upgrade with the store-client?
seems @yaliang's device has a broken gui, so another dead loop?

ps. soeey about your device, hope a solution come out soon

Last edited by gexc; 2014-06-27 at 05:16.

Originally Posted by toki View Post
Hey, is there an app that monitors what apps are using my data and how much its using?

ever since the update, my phone is crazy using up all my data!
and its been lagging heaps too (im assuming its lagging because its trying to process something, which is also using up my data)
Well, not to my knowledge.
But, you actually can see something like that, from terminal (enable developer mode)

Code:
$ pkcon install powertop
$ devel-su
# powertop
Powertop shows detail of power usage and can also generate HTML reports that can be observed in browser.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
The problematic thing that should be avoided is the "Factory Reset" as far as I have now understood; If you perform that, then the device will revert to the very original SW version with bootloader that is locked. If, when you have done that you get into reboot loop before you can update to version that has unlockable bootloader you are in trouble.

The way this works is that the original SW is baselined in the BTRFS filesystem of the device, with "Factory Reset" you revert to that first snapshot.

Actually @rainisto gave a possible hack to fix that; it is possible to delete the original baseline and set the current SW as the baseline snapshot: https://together.jolla.com/question/...-for-flashing/ After that, "FActory Reset" would bring you to the point when you replaced the baseline....
I wonder if it was possible to do this for just the bootloader part? I assume that would be safer than replacing the whole original baseline...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
The way this works is that the original SW is baselined in the BTRFS filesystem of the device, with "Factory Reset" you revert to that first snapshot.

Actually @rainisto gave a possible hack to fix that; it is possible to delete the original baseline and set the current SW as the baseline snapshot: https://together.jolla.com/question/...-for-flashing/ After that, "FActory Reset" would bring you to the point when you replaced the baseline....
I wonder if it was possible to do this for just the bootloader part? I assume that would be safer than replacing the whole original baseline...
Yes, But nothing (with the current design) can protect you from what happens due to a sudden reboot in the middle of an update!
Also, it seems that the device is suffering similar issues when it comes to battery draining completely, unfortunately we dont have the option like with N9 to use flasher to recharge battery.
And, we cant still, buy a spare battery from Jolla.
Now, during this weekend, perhaps I wil manage to get the battery charged, and that may change the situation, or, I will wait that external charger to arrive.
From the look of it, it may be that the recovery partition is OK, but the battery is drained too far below acceptable limit.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
From the look of it, it may be that the recovery partition is OK, but the battery is drained too far below acceptable limit.
I sure hope that is the case!
Unfortunately Jollas are pretty rare in Denmark, I think, else you'd be able to try that by swapping batteries with a friend...
(here a colleague of mine has the nearest Jolla, sitting just in the next cubicle, about 6 meters from me...)

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Time for a dummy-battery other half? LOL

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
The problematic thing that should be avoided is the "Factory Reset" as far as I have now understood; If you perform that, then the device will revert to the very original SW version with bootloader that is locked. If, when you have done that you get into reboot loop before you can update to version that has unlockable bootloader you are in trouble.
By the way... I had to take my Jolla to Optima service in May, and when I did "factory reset" last week my phone went to 1.0.3.8... They did something there at Optima... So maybe this solves permanently the problem nieldk is having? Don't know for sure, as I know so little about these things, just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Thoke; 2014-06-27 at 09:09. Reason: 'know'... not 'not'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Well, not to my knowledge.
But, you actually can see something like that, from terminal (enable developer mode)

Code:
$ pkcon install powertop
$ devel-su
# powertop
Powertop shows detail of power usage and can also generate HTML reports that can be observed in browser.
thanks! but it doesnt seem to install

when i type in pkcon install powertop" it says:
command failed: this tool could not fund any available package: could not find powertop

am i missing something?

EDIT:
one thing i did notice though.. whenever my phone is connected to the internet it starts lagging like crazy

iv had all data off for the whole day. and phone was fine, battery consumption at a norm. but when i got home and turned on wifi, it started lagging intensively
and im assuming all my data consumption is happening at this time as well...

Last edited by toki; 2014-06-27 at 15:12.

Tags
party