Active Topics

Notices

@mcbook, so if this icon switched you to camcoder, it would be a perfect layout as for me
I don't really use timer much, but if you do.. well, it changes everything )

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm3230 View Post
@mcbook, so if this icon switched you to camcoder, it would be a perfect layout as for me
but then the mode switch icon would be useless

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
@zxcvbnm3230 I have a left handed mode item in my TODO. The idea would be to:
move the shutter and mode switcher to the left hand side and move the indicators to the right hand side. I just did not get to it yet.

The slider: My custom slider needs some fixes to work in vertical mode. I tried fixing it but it needs a lot of work so that has to wait for now.

I took some nice pictures today and all works really well so there is no hurry!

Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
but then the mode switch icon would be useless
and mode switch icon can hold the rest modes: timer, face camera, panorama, zsl...
The idea is that to my mind video and image modes are the most 'popular' and the other modes are like additional.
Another suggestion: what about making the icon under the shutter customizable (user can choose the mode in settings, other modes (or just all possible modes) would be grouped in that icon on the toolbar)? Perhaps it's not so easy to implement, but it seems, it has sense after all.
EDIT: MSameer, you don't need to hurry. I just didn't know that you already have this in your 'to-do'

Originally Posted by zxcvbnm3230 View Post
and mode switch icon can hold the rest modes: timer, face camera, panorama, zsl...
The idea is that to my mind video and image modes are the most 'popular' and the other modes are like additional.
Another suggestion: what about making the icon under the shutter customizable (user can choose the mode in settings, other modes (or just all possible modes) would be grouped in that icon on the toolbar)? Perhaps it's not so easy to implement, but it seems, it has sense after all.
EDIT: MSameer, you don't need to hurry. I just didn't know that you already have this in your 'to-do'
customizable icons are overkill and also a nightmare to code. This would require an extra settings panel for customization - so no - not a good idea.

and as for the most popular modes, just put them in the right order in the mode panel and you are good!

The Following User Says Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:
I have uploaded 0.0.24 to openrepos:
* GPS and face detection are the only visible indicators
* Move the resolution label back beside the indicators.
* Added left handed mode

Not much changes but Sailfish OS release is taking more time until it gets on par with the harmattan version.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
looks really nice!

I would love it if you can move the camera switch out of the toolbar too since it is one of those basic settings like the switch mode button.
would be nice to be able to switch between front and rear camera without the need to open the settings toolbar....

Last edited by mcbook; 2014-06-08 at 14:34.

As now gitorious has now an issue tracker, I moved all my TODO items to it and updated the first post

I hope this gives more visibility on what is going on with the TODOs

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
looks really nice!

I would love it if you can move the camera switch out of the toolbar too since it is one of those basic settings like the switch mode button.
would be nice to be able to switch between front and rear camera without the need to open the settings toolbar....
Not now please

Remind me in a few weeks and we can discuss it but after the UI rework done for the past 2 releases, I prefer to try and crush some other bugs for the next release or two

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:

Tags
?where is nemo?, thank you!