Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by setter View Post
Maybe because they do not care about the rules?
@jalyst
@klinglerware

I am the one who posted in Spanish before. I apologize if it is against the rules, I didn’t know that. I just wanna help Argen because my main language is Spanish and I know how frustrating is to not understand something that it is suppose to help you to solve any kind of problem, but I’ll stop doing so.

The Following User Says Thank You to tiff-tiff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by tiff-tiff View Post
@jalyst
@klinglerware

I am the one who posted in Spanish before. I apologize if it is against the rules, I didn’t know that. I just wanna help Argen because my main language is Spanish and I know how frustrating is to not understand something that it is suppose to help you to solve any kind of problem, but I’ll stop doing so.
I do not have any problems with you posting in Spanish.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
Well, in the defense of the users posting in Spanish in the previous page or two of this thread--the first user did initially ask for help in English.
To be clear, my post wasn't intended as an attack, it was just a curiosity/observation...

Originally Posted by tiff-tiff View Post
I am the one who posted in Spanish before. I apologize if it is against the rules, I didn’t know that.
It's not against any rules per-say, I was just curious why it almost always seems to be Spanish speakers that do it.

Maybe they resort to their native tongue so readily because their grasp of English isn't as good as other netizens whose 1st language isn't Spanish/English?
Perhaps it's something to do with % of the populace that has access to a tertiary education*, not in Spain itself, but perhaps other Spanish-speaking countries?

Anyway I digress too much, ideally English would be used most of the time for several reasons that've been covered here many times before.
But if someone is a poor reader of English, then it's understandable if someone communicates with them in their native tongue in order to help.

*or maybe learning English is a much lower priority in their secondary/tertiary system?

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-05-25 at 05:05.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ The Home of Cheese and Chocolate
hello again

maybe i will repeat some questions, but i have no find a question in the jungle of all these answers....

a have also a problem by registration of whatsapp. i have installed the latest version 0.9.22, and ihave recived the code by using the following link : https://coderus.openrepos.net/whitesoft/whatsapp_sms
so i got a 6 digit code, bud when i type the code by whatsapp, always the message arrive "failed: server said old version" i type the code like this xxx-xxx and like this xxxxxx and the first 3 digits or the las 3 digits, everytime the same message....

what should i do ?

Can you pls help on below error

failed: server said old version

I have installed the latest version 0.9.22, but I am not able regisetered but i have recived the code by using the following link : http://<font color="Blue">https://co...app_sms</font>
so i got a 6 digit code even I enter in to wazzup its throwing same error " failed: server said old version"

I tried to install may times but no use same error.. can you help me !!

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden

Summary for all the people using Whatsup and having the "failed: server said old server" problem:
1) Download and open wart 1.6.8.0
2) Insert phone nr and wait for code via SMS
3) Insert SMS code and wait for final code
4) Open terminal and type
nano /home/user/.config/cepiperez/whatsup.conf
5) move down by using "ctrl-V,ctrl-Y,ctrl-P,ctrl-N.
and type in the open space:
username=XXX (your international phone number WITHOUT the + sign)
password="XXX" (the password generated with wart)
6) Ctrl-O to save, Ctrl-X to quit nano
That should do the trick...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kikujiro0208 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imat View Post
you have 2 choices :

1. Use whatsup
2. Edit the db file of wazapp to add contacts
Thanks! Using WhatsUp now, it works great although it sent old messages to all my contacts lol

I need help!! my whatsup is not connected, q I did everything said in previous post, but still not working

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2014 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by kikujiro0208 View Post
Summary for all the people using Whatsup and having the "failed: server said old server" problem:
1) Download and open wart 1.6.8.0
2) Insert phone nr and wait for code via SMS
3) Insert SMS code and wait for final code
4) Open terminal and type
nano /home/user/.config/cepiperez/whatsup.conf
5) move down by using "ctrl-V,ctrl-Y,ctrl-P,ctrl-N.
and type in the open space:
username=XXX (your international phone number WITHOUT the + sign)
password="XXX" (the password generated with wart)
6) Ctrl-O to save, Ctrl-X to quit nano
That should do the trick...
what do you mean by -"move down by using "ctrl-V,ctrl-Y,ctrl-P,ctrl-N."- when i write -"nano /home/user/.config/cepiperez/whatsup.conf"- it tells me -"nano: not found"-

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp