Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by chill View Post
I've just updated...one of my favorite keysets, Magnavox set top box, is gone from my list of favorites. It looks like there is now "Magnavox STB", so I guess you deleted or renamed the one I had favorited?
Ah, well, it was pointed out to me a little while ago that I was not using a standard naming pattern for keysets. In some places, I was spelling out "Set Top Box", in others I was shortening that to "STB". So, I'm trying to start using a more consistent naming scheme. But yeah, I still haven't figured out a way to make changes like this without disrupting everyone using the keyset. Sorry about that.

Probably the best thing, I think, would be for me to get back to pushing stable versions up to extras, so that I can at least keep the instability limited to extras-devel. I just need to clean up the UI a bit, clean up the macros a bit, and finally update the documentation, and I should have something worthy of extras...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
@Copernicus

I'know i have already asked this a few months ago...
But, i still hope you could find some reference to add support for the Majestic/Audiola remotes. Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xes View Post
But, i still hope you could find some reference to add support for the Majestic/Audiola remotes.
Well, I've done another search of my usual sources, but I'm only coming up with the same thing as before -- just that single DVD config file in the LIRC archive (which is in Pierogi now, for what it's worth). There seems to be very little discussion of their products on the web... I also went and looked at both their US and NZ websites (assuming that we are talking about "Majestic International Corporation" here, I might have the wrong "Majestic" company), but neither seem to offer much in the way of technical specs.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Just thinking out loud again....
I know I probably gave you too much of my opinion to absorb last time in the wall of text post.

Anyway I had a thought about the whole finding a keyset issue.
What about having another option that walks you through finding your keyset. Like a "Keyset Wizard"
It will probably take a bit of work but you could have a screen with a list of only manufactures that links to a window with three buttons. I am thinking of a flow diagram idea so press "Go" and ask did your device switch off? Yes/No, if yes go to the usual save preset dialog. If no rinse and repeat for all the keysets available for that manufacturer. If all fail dump you back in the select keyset menu or loop to try again.

I suppose it's a similar idea to the current power search option but maybe it would help people find keysets easier.

Anyway as I say just a thought.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
What about having another option that walks you through finding your keyset. Like a "Keyset Wizard"
It will probably take a bit of work but you could have a screen with a list of only manufactures that links to a window with three buttons. I am thinking of a flow diagram idea so press "Go" and ask did your device switch off? Yes/No, if yes go to the usual save preset dialog. If no rinse and repeat for all the keysets available for that manufacturer.
You know, I've been trying out various Android IR control apps, and most of them have already stolen your idea. In fact, HTC's default IR app works in exactly the manner you describe (perhaps you've already seen it?). I'm not sure how much effort it would take to implement, but I'd love to give it a try. (I'm still knee-deep in fighting Qt-Android UI issues, but once I get over those, I should be able to get back to serious work...)

Talking about UI issues, I've been spending far too much time trying to get Qt Stylesheets working on Android. For the most part, they work fine, but for a few items (particularly for my finger-flickable tabs), I just can't get them to lay out borders correctly. However, I think I could separate tabs in a different way -- say, by color-coding them. I'm not really sure about this idea; I think people might find it useful, but I also like the fact that the generally monochrome color scheme used currently by Pierogi allows you to concentrate on the target device rather than having the phone distracting you. (Also, it seems less likely to interfere with the theme you choose for your phone.)

I guess my question (to anyone reading this) is, would you find the addition of color to the UI useful?

Also, while I'm here, let me post my latest iteration of the Pierogi icon; please tell me what you think about it.

EDIT: Added the N900-sized icon for comparison purposes.
Attached Images

Last edited by Copernicus; 2014-05-12 at 02:08. Reason: Added N900-size icon for scale

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Well, for sure it's big Seriously though, I think it's as nice as it gets for all icon needs for Pierogi and you can adapt it ASAP.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
I guess my question (to anyone reading this) is, would you find the addition of color to the UI useful?
Not really. I like the current "monochrome" look.

Also, while I'm here, let me post my latest iteration of the Pierogi icon; please tell me what you think about it.
Looks nice. However, will the colours be like that? I'm assuming the white background is transparent. Then the black symbol will blend with most people's mostly black screen. I would go for red, green or blue, but admittedly I would need to try it out to see what works the best.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgrade, Serbia
I'm fine with UI right now, look "official" and well integrated with theme by choice, no need for extra effort.

Tnx mata again for great app!

The Following User Says Thank You to uros For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Not really. I like the current "monochrome" look.
Originally Posted by uros View Post
I'm fine with UI right now, look "official" and well integrated with theme by choice, no need for extra effort.
Cool; let me keep fiddling with the stylesheets a bit more, then.

As for the icon, I've got it surrounded by a fuzzy white border. I'll attach some copies of it up against a black background. (I also fiddled with the power symbol a bit last night, to make it easier to recognize at lower resolution.) But yeah, maybe it'd be better to use something other than basic black here...
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I like the black with white fuzzy border look. Perhaps a teeny-weeny wider border might make it more stand out but that would require playing with various settings to find a good compromise between standing out and looking too clunky/obtrusive.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control