Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
My biggest concern is the fact that Viber is still not able to syncronize the contacts with Jolla phonebook. I only have the contacts that cot synced two OS updates ago and no new ones. Any solutions?
Download GO contacts and when you get your contacts to show up there.. they are in the Viber too

Am I the only one missing good old Galaxy on Fire 2?

Starts up fine but crashes instantly when trying to start new game...

Has anyone managed to get Chrome browser or Chrome Beta to work properly? Both starts fine, but I can't visit any webpages. I'm interested in trying the chromecast feature in chrome beta.

Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
Am I the only one missing good old Galaxy on Fire 2?

Starts up fine but crashes instantly when trying to start new game...
For sure you are not alone.

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I've been having an issue with Google Play Store since months, but never managed to try to fix it so far because i was afraid I would have to tweak a lot of things and uninstall all my Android applications to clear Dalvik settings. Now with the last update and Patchmanager that has significantly polished my Sailfish experience, I feel it's time to do something!

Well, after this useless introduction, my problem is that Play will crash everytime I launch it, with an error message inside the application saying something like "Google Play Store has stopped." All other Android applications work quite well (I've had some random crashes here and there, but nothing to worry about I think), including Google Settings.

Of course, first thing I wanted to try was to uninstall and reinstall it... But I cannot uninstall it, either by long press on the icon or by using apkd-uninstall. The icon will never disappear and the app will still try to launch if I tap it after trying uninstallation.

I have been trying to delete /data/data/com.android.vending, then the same plus /data/data/com.google.android.gsf, then I noticed that Google Settings still kept information of my account so I guessed all settings had not been removed, so I tried deleting the two aforementioned folders plus /data/data/com.google.android.gsf.login. I rebooted, and then still no success at uninstalling Play afterwards. Launching it took some more time before crash than it usually did, but it finally crashed anyway and now crashes are instantaneous like before.

Should I delete /opt/alien/system (after backing up /opt/alien/system/app somewhere to keep .apk files), uninstall Dalvik and resinstall it afterwards? Will it uninstall all my Android apps? Any solutions?

Thanks, and sorry for the wall fo text. http://talk.maemo.org/images/icons/icon11.gif

tl;dr
Google Play crashes like hell, Google Play won't uninstall, Google Play cannot be defeated. Halp.

[Edit] Reinstalling the Play Store using the howto published on Jollatides over the existing Play Store installation did not help.
There is a app/script in warehouse to remove all of android, that way you have a fresh base to proceed from. Python isn't really needed so don't worry about that too much, the work will still be done. Python is just for a notification.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
There is a app/script in warehouse to remove all of android, that way you have a fresh base to proceed from. Python isn't really needed so don't worry about that too much, the work will still be done. Python is just for a notification.
Thank you for the reply. You mean the app by Schturman? I guess this will result in uninstalling all my Android apps, so I'd better backup /opt/alien/system/app. I will try that this week probably, unless someone has another "less destructive" solution.

is there any solution about playing video in Facebook app? (when i click play, sailfish automatically open the default browser and facebook mobile. thanks

Originally Posted by lukas95np View Post
is there any solution about playing video in Facebook app? (when i click play, sailfish automatically open the default browser and facebook mobile. thanks
The same problem occurs in 'reddit is fun' application when opening eg. youtube links. I haven't seen any solutions yet.

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
I figured I'd try to use more Android apps since they have become slightly faster with Sailfish updates, but still I have horrible crashing issues like right now every single time I swipe left or right to get to another app, the whole Android interface closes. This happens with every Android app. Also, Facebook app has to be launched 3-4 times every time before it stays open for even a little while.

Originally Posted by Miharin View Post
I figured I'd try to use more Android apps since they have become slightly faster with Sailfish updates, but still I have horrible crashing issues like right now every single time I swipe left or right to get to another app, the whole Android interface closes. This happens with every Android app. Also, Facebook app has to be launched 3-4 times every time before it stays open for even a little while.
Sounds like strange issue with swiping. The android facebook app works like a charm on my Jolla so far.

Tags
aindroid, essential apps