Active Topics

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Some progress being made on porting Sailfish to Nexus 5. Once working this would be a significant milestone because the specs on the Nexus 5 are, in general, quite a bit better then Jolla phone as compared to Nexus 4 and SG3.

http://www.jollausers.com/2014/04/wi...oogle-nexus-5/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Why in general discussions about libhybris based ports happen on XDA developers rather than here?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...xus-4-t2667622

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Why in general discussions about libhybris based ports happen on XDA developers rather than here?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...xus-4-t2667622
Maybe because the more skilled androiddevs hanging out right there...Maybe jolla gave heads start to select few over there...or its just a coincidence. When you think of it. Does TMO has anything in common with Jolla more than that we like beer?

The important think is that its done. Does it matter who does it and why?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-04-28 at 16:14.

I don't mind where it happens, just asking why there. TMO was claimed to become a forum for Jolla. Jolla even decided not to create their own forum because of that. So this discussion not happening here is somewhat strange in this context.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
I don't mind where it happens, just asking why there. TMO was claimed to become a forum for Jolla. Jolla even decided not to create their own forum because of that. So this discussion not happening here is somewhat strange in this context.
Whatever jolla say or do they don't decided where things happen and for this specific task I think android forum is better since most people are considered to be trolls here if they like or use android Have that crossed your mind?

You do know that they love and use android over there...here not so much

This is a task for android-lovers mainly, not jolla users since they are using jPhones.

Simples as thats.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-04-28 at 17:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I don't think they ever committed to using forums heavily as a medium for GTD, even there you'll see they're not interacting heavily.
But it makes sense to (initially) reach out there, as a FAR larger & more experienced/skilled Android dev. community is there.
From there they can get those folks attention, & then move to other mediums for the "heavy lifting"...
Personally I think forums can be great for serious work, but they (& many other devs) don't seem to think so...

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-04-28 at 18:12.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
Another point is simply, how many people are discussing the Android ports there compared to here? It's not that Jolla are focussing more on XDA, it's that there are just actually people there talking about it.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
So, what happened to the promised exciting upcoming developments from Sailfish(Jolla) in this area, it's been mostly a yawnfest so far.
There's been more (mostly useless) noise in the N9 port thread than here or the xda-dev thread FFS, which doesn't bode well at all...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Whatever jolla say or do they don't decided where things happen and for this specific task I think android forum is better since most people are considered to be trolls here if they like or use android Have that crossed your mind?

You do know that they love and use android over there...here not so much

This is a task for android-lovers mainly, not jolla users since they are using jPhones.

Simples as thats.
http://ajsignsandgraphics.co.uk/site...0Relax%20b.JPG
I swear, if ppl dont stop calling it jPhone, I will shoot mine with a .45 magnum

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
the name Jphone seems cool and when told to new ones they spectaculate what it is

Tags
mister a-hole