Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
This thread Seouls focus on jolla 1.0, jollas girls, building a scene and other mwc related stuff. You are making a scene

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Jolla site updated too:

http://jolla.com/mwc
Bit of a worry that that page references 1.0.3.8 as the 'new' build

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
If they don't want to "piss off google" non of above is an alternative...

Both use libhybris and question is how long will that work until Google gets pissed and start break API:s (or find some way to make sure libhybris can't work anymore?

But if you mean Android apps. LOL! What manufactor would wipe out Android even if they wanted to? As long as the users want those crap applications the compability is needed.

So in the end its marketing that matters and has nothing to do "piss off Google".
I should have been more explicit. The Open Handset Alliance rules that they signed up for bars them from doing what Jolla does with Android apps.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
I should have been more explicit. The Open Handset Alliance rules that they signed up for bars them from doing what Jolla does with Android apps.
Are you 100% positive about that? I thought Google just didn't like forks of Android. Sailfish isn't an Android fork and it doesn't come with Android installed. You have to download it.

Apart from that, Jolla's current ODM also makes Android phones so they've got around it.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
Nope, doesn't say that Rovio servers were hacked by NSA, only that NSA intercepts communications.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Bit of a worry that that page references 1.0.3.8 as the 'new' build
Where? It is clear from the Press release that there will be a major update in early march. It does not explicitly say that release will be the first non beta but it is implied.

There was also confirmation a while back that Jolla where working on a 2nd handset but it would not be available till 2015.

Will be very interested to see what the new version adds. Also can't wait to get Sailfish on my Android Hisense sero. Android gestures are just so lame.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@bockersjv
Rest assured guys - there will be very substantial update coming early March. Whether or not BETA tag is removed is not that important I think.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Yes, AFAIK. Younited says that if you encrypt the files prior sending, they won't be able to do anything to them (classify etc).

Check out their blog under heading "Encrypting your files in storage"
http://blog.younited.com/2013/11/05/...g-security-in/

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...79#post1414079

Merge or no merge or merge or no merge

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I think we can forget jolla second phone after micronokia now announce android crap phones that mucrosoft gets money for. thus bussiness world are crazy rude ****

my guess is end of this year jolla will not exist and sailfishos is community project only for geeks

atleast they tried....

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2014-02-24 at 15:44.

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"