Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by kraker_abhy View Post
Hi Scorpius, Thanks for awesome work. It is working nicely for me.
By the way i have small problem, where does yappari saves received media files when N900 is connected to computer through mass storage mode? I am unable to re download and can't find either. Thanks
If you don't have the option "import media to gallery" enabled I don't think you'll be able to browse it through a computer, since it is in /home/user/.yappari/cache and you can only browse /home/user/MyDocs.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
If you don't have the option "import media to gallery" enabled I don't think you'll be able to browse it through a computer, since it is in /home/user/.yappari/cache and you can only browse /home/user/MyDocs.
Thanks for your quick response. I do have that opetion enabled. I don't want to browse throught computer but it is like sometimes i receive file when /home/user/MyDocs is in use by computer and i have set automatic download option in yappari so it download and show the file until it is connected to computer again once i disconnect then i can't see that file also it doesn't get copied to yappari folder within image which make me ask them to resend file. So i was asking is there anyway i can retrieve it from cache on N900?

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Sounds like you still have it under /home/user/MyDocs
But it gets "hidden/overlayed" as soon as mmcblk0p1 gets remounted again (on disconnecting USB).

You need to unmount (get root in advance)
umount /home/user/MyDocs
check and move away all entries under /home/user/MyDocs
remount by
mount /home/user/MyDocs
and move all desired entries back to /home/user/MyDocs

If you do not know what this is all about, it is time for an android with native client

Maybe scorpius can add a check for USB mass storage (e.g. lsmod | grep g_file_storage) and disable the import? Just a dumb suggestion

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
But it gets "hidden/overlayed" as soon as mmcblk0p1 gets remounted again (on disconnecting USB).

umount /home/user/MyDocs
remount by
mount /home/user/MyDocs

If you do not know what this is all about, it is time for an android with native client

Maybe scorpius can add a check for USB mass storage (e.g. lsmod | grep g_file_storage) and disable the import? Just a dumb suggestion
Thanks for your suggestion, but still i am unable to find yappari received media files in MyDocs. i am only able to find the pictures what i clicked when MyDOCS

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by kraker_abhy View Post
Thanks for your suggestion, but still i am unable to find yappari received media files in MyDocs. i am only able to find the pictures what i clicked when MyDOCS
You need some Unix/Linux skills to do that.

For example, if the files are there, when you umount MyDocs they will be under hidden directories like .sounds, .videos, etc. Do you know how to access those?

Use things like "ls -al" to list directories when browsing the unmounted MyDocs directory.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post

umount /home/user/MyDocs
remount by
mount /home/user/MyDocs
Thanks for your suggestion, still i was unable to find yappari received media files in MyDocs. i was only able to find the pictures what i clicked when MyDocs was in used by computer but now with your idea, i could view that file in yappari and share it while mydocs in umounted don't exactly know where those files r saved. Still lenghty process but i could retrive it.
Thanks for android suggestion hahaha.
But for me, i think that if one day android will be the only option left to get it then i will better stop using devices.

That will really be nice for some peoples like me i guess cos most of the time my N900 is connected to PC.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
You need some Unix/Linux skills to do that.

For example, if the files are there, when you umount MyDocs they will be under hidden directories like .sounds, .videos, etc. Do you know how to access those?

Use things like "ls -al" to list directories when browsing the unmounted MyDocs directory.
yayayayay, i got all the files in there. Thank you so much. I am still learning Unix/Linux so i am not good at it yet. I was unable to locate those directories through filebox but i was able to find through x-terminal

Hi, is there a way to log out an account to log another? i can't find the option....

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
you only can delete account and add another

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
My guess: They are preparing a sellout.
Facebook to acquire WhatsApp in $19 billion deal

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101408460

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp