Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Well, if you had to pay an extra what, $5 or $10 for two batteries, that doesn't sound to me like a very big deal. And I usually know what I have to pay for shipping before I make a purchase; I have never gotten into a tiff over shipping prices in my life, because if I don't like the shipping price, I don't make the purchase.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Well, if you had to pay an extra what, $5 or $10 for two batteries, that doesn't sound to me like a very big deal. And I usually know what I have to pay for shipping before I make a purchase; I have never gotten into a tiff over shipping prices in my life, because if I don't like the shipping price, I don't make the purchase.
I'm not going to argue about these things in this forum. If you want to chat with me directly, that's fine. But I stand by what I have said here. It is the trueth. If you benefit from my efforts to let you know about it, that's great. If not, that's fine too.

Neil

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
Low quality and counterfeit items are the bane of dealing on the internet.

As N8x0 owners we should all be aware of the problem, especially with counterfeit memory cards. eBay has a big writeup on their website about how to detect the fakes.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Beware-of-FA...00000001235396

I was upset when I read on ebay that most flash memory items had fake capacity, as the prices are so good. I would only buy from a seller who has sold tens of thousands of product. Also many Nimh battery's are cheaper because they contain no nickel.

Originally Posted by sungrove View Post
Just as the thread title says, an ebay cheap Nokia battery seller has threatened to sue me because I left what I feel is legitimate feedback for them. If they do, you can bet I will then mention their name here. My feedback? Two things, bad battery quality and being charged double shipping for the purchase of two items at once. Their response: give me negative feedback and then ask that I remove the negative feedback from them for their removal of my negative feedback. Pretty slick heh? It seems they have this figured out. Then, since I refused to go along, they have been sending me harrassing messages through Ebay calling me a lier and saying that I violated Ebay's policys. Well, if giving legit negative feedback on Ebay is against policy, I don't need an account there. As for suing me, that would be interesting. I wonder if any overworked American courts would take the case? This company is trash in my opinion. They sell junk, overcharge for shipping and then threaten you if you don't go along.

Neil
1. get shipping info before bidding
2. pay with credit card or cc via paypal
3. communicate with seller
4. if you get a hard time leave approp fb
5. ask cc issuar for no fault charge back

I despise sellers or buyers who use retalitory fb to force a retraction.

Originally Posted by smackpotato View Post
I would only buy from a seller who has sold tens of thousands of product. .
The battery seller I am talking about has sold a lot of product. I wish I could go on what you say here. The problem is that, of course I'm just guessing here, I bet most people understandably value their Ebay feedback and assume they will get retaliatory feedback if they give legit feedback to one of these companies. And then if they go ahead and do it, they are usually intimidated into removing it via tactics like I experienced here. Now, it should be obvious, but I will add that I am only talking about one Ebay battery seller here. And maybe what we need is a thread where we share user names of the Ebay companies that people have had good and bad experiences with. I do think it's a bit of a crap shoot at this point. I have seen earlier threads here on this subject, but I haven't seen much specific mention of the better companies to deal with. I must emphasize here that the risk you take with them is not necessarily the low quality and the hidden costs that end up showing up on the bottom line. The bigger risk IMO is that you will not be able to give legitimate negative feedback (if you feel that way) unless you are willing to have them stick you with the same and then say, well I'll remove yours if you remove mine. I guess to some extent it depends on what kind of Ebay we want to have. I know, I'm dreamin here, but what if there was real feedback on there?

Neil

Last edited by sungrove; 2008-02-10 at 22:54.

1st, I do thank for the original post....

2nd, I too got one of those..."take it back" and "I will take it back" kind of things....

Sadly, it seems this main point got lost in some of these replies.

Great Business model...I have stopped using E-bay due to this as mostly I find the same or better deals in other ways.

E-bay use to be a great place for direct deals, now you have to read all the "i" before "e" except, etc....

It does have a WalMart of items whereas I have to spend time looking for places to match the same deals that are on E-bay...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I sympathize with ya sungrove. Jackass sellers are the bane of the internet.

Personally I've had it with ebay entirely. Their latest policy changes (no buyer feedback at all??? WTF???) are the last straw. I'm looking for alternatives.

Last edited by Texrat; 2008-02-11 at 05:09.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Every time you buy batteries off eBay the terrorists win.

Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
Every time you buy batteries off eBay the terrorists win.
LOL I find this very funny, but I'm not sure why ? Oh well, it's early and I'm still sleepy. Neil