Originally Posted by djselbeck View Post
It will just reset the / partition. There is no mention of reflashing the bootloader (aboot partition)
A factory reset actually reflashes the bootloader that is shipped in the kernel-adaptation-sbj package through the scripts in /var/lib/platform-updates. Most interestingly, these scripts actually appear to be run after the reboot…

The Following User Says Thank You to Raim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
on a somewhat OT question, though it is linked to info disclosed in this thread:
What is the left-volume(+) & power boot? It gives me a several seconds of vibrator and nothing more than just that.

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-12-30 at 02:30.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
on a somewhat OT question, though it is linked to info disclosed in this thread:
What is the left-volume(+) & power boot? It gives me a several seconds of vibrator and nothing more than just that.

/j
Something used in factory for initial flashing. I don't really know much more than that.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Something used in factory for initial flashing. I don't really know much more than that.
Noticed that one, even before fastboot (Vol -)
Still trying to figure out what that mode is, and, what it can be used for hehe

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

/j
Some information (from Windows, I am work ATM LOL)
Seems to be ADB interface ?
Attached Images

Last edited by nieldk; 2013-12-30 at 08:22.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Marlborough, Wiltshire, UK
You'll have a hard time keeping out government, given the hw design seems to share eMMC and RAM between the APE core and the modem-radio core, and modem radio stack is very hardly ever getting opened for at least review (and even when it was, it would only reveal that there's no way to make sure there's no OTA backdoor)

IOW: modem can access your data, you can't access (or control) modem. Not even cryptfs will help to fix this.
/j
Fully agree with this bleak assessment of current SOCs, system boards and GSM/3/4/G modem integration. We need to "Make a Market" where the emphasis is customer security demonstrated by full and open access to the code running on hardware that is the property of the owner. Such market forces could create a profitable USP based on security and transparency for the next generations of SOCs.

The old "Trust in Me" we are a large corporate we will not spy on you for the benefit of our shareholders or governments, post Snowden, no longer works.

One thing Jolla did get right was a removable battery. No battery in the phone makes it very hard for the state to keep track of your location

Richard

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richardski For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Unfortunately QPST (Qualcomm Product Support Tools) seems to be some windows thingy. Would be nice to have that on Linux.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Unfortunately QPST (Qualcomm Product Support Tools) seems to be some windows thingy. Would be nice to have that on Linux.
Right. However, there are tools developed in Python which (might) be usable.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2136738

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by djselbeck View Post
Nonetheless I'm pulling my app from Harbour for the moment until Jolla opens up a bit. This means better kernel source publishing and more opensourcing of Sailfish core components. At the moment Silica qml libs and all required libs for running apps build with the sdk would be enough. I don't need the sources of every sailfish app like (musicplayer and so on)
Have you considered asking this in together.jolla.com so that people can vote and Jolla can react?