Active Topics

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
After doing the .12 update, Gallery doesn't show anything in the single image view anymore, and Media player lost all album and artist indexing data. What's going on?

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
...that point being that they have no idea what real multitasking means?

One of the videos you play is running inside a browser, yes?
which browser is it? Is it a flash video?
If so, how if that possible with Sailfish OS not supporting Flash (AFAIK)?
I've been meaning to ask that about Sailbro, what do Flash-heavy websites look like in it, and which other video streaming sites besides Youtube (if any) can be viewed on a Jolla, and how does that work?

To reply about
Yes, the Video with the tech guy reviewing a phone is running in the Jolla browser >
Since I have no flash installed on the Jolla I suspect it is the HTML5 at work.
The other video plays in the Android application StoryPod but it is perfectly possible and more impressive two real browsers at work next to each other edit:

The music dominant in the beginning is the third stream from internet steaming radio in the Jolla Media Player.

Vimeo:
Jolla browser -> warning: tech out of date video may not play properly, continue: yes -> black screen
Firefox browser-> Video plays in some separate browser screen opening, turns to portret as well as landscape (however the virtual Android buttons remain taking part of screen on the right.
Dailymotion
Jolla browser-> plays in full desktop site
Firefox browser-> plays in full desktop site
Youtube:
Jolla browser-> plays in mobile site - don't know how to go to desktop stie
Firefox browser-> plays in full desktop site

The point to Android people: yes, you say multitasking and they bring up the possibly to open multiple windows at once to prove Android multitasks.

Last edited by ste-phan; 2013-12-22 at 18:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
You have to create "favourite" ambiances(there is star you have to click in Gallery=>Ambiances) in order to use them with swipe left or right from lock screen.
I actually HAD created a favourite Ambiance, but the swipe thing started to work when I created another one and there were two to choose from.

Which was odd, because the favourited Ambiance was not the default one and I was just trying to switch to the other one.

But thanks for the hint, works now.

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
No Android apps for me. Most important to get fixed in the core is the buggy browser. Missing apps for me ATM:

* GPodder
* NFCKeyring
I think I remember Stefano Mosconi saying in one of the interview videos earlier this year that Gpodder was the first app ever ported to Sailfish, submitted a few minutes after the first release of the SDK. So, maybe he was telling a joke, or else, where did it go?

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
I think I remember Stefano Mosconi saying in one of the interview videos earlier this year that Gpodder was the first app ever ported to Sailfish, submitted a few minutes after the first release of the SDK. So, maybe he was telling a joke, or else, where did it go?
Oh, it exists. Just not available from a store currently.

http://wiki.gpodder.org/wiki/Sailfish_OS

Note that I think it has only been tested on the Sailfish SDK's emulator, not a real Jolla phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by gsalone View Post
Yes, so i thought too.
But hitting this command gives me following:

Code:
Transactions:
[none]
daemon connected=1
network status=online
and then nothing else.. this command never gets completed and terminal stays like that for loong time.. same happens when i login to full basj with devel-su.
Type pkcon, not pkmon!

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by LadyBug View Post
- Some input screens require one to hit "Save" function (like setting up the Exchange parameters). Some input functions don't require save (like inputing an email .signature). And why is the action button (like "Save" or "Create") in the upper right, when all the information I need to input goes from top to bottom. The action button should be the last item!
The idea behind this is a different one, so it makes sense to have "Save" at the top.

You can accept any dialog by swiping the whole page to the left. The "Save" label on top just tells you that this is a dialog and the accept action will be "Save". There is no need to actually tap on the "Save", or even scroll up the whole page again after filling in everything. Just drag the page to the left and it will "Save".
It's just a bonus feature that you can actually click on the "Save" label to perform the action as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Type pkcon, not pkmon!
hahaha!! ok i feel stupid.. why on earth did i do that??

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by gsalone View Post
hahaha!! ok i feel stupid.. why on earth did i do that??
Because of your Pokemon-addiction?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Has anyone succesfully connected the Jolla internal storage to a Linux PC yet? I have tried using mtp and ssh (fish), but that doest give my a stable connection. Am i doing something wrong here?

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience