Active Topics

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by hemiwi View Post
In the video the voiceover tells me to swipe from the right side on home/lockscreen to enter the ambience. This doesn't work here.
It only works for ambiences that you set as favorites.

Go to the Gallery, choose the ambience category. Tap on an ambience. It'll appear magnifed and there'll be a star-icon on the lower right. Tap on this star to make the ambience your favorite. Swipe from right to left to confirm/save. Repeat with other ambiences.

Now you can select one of your favorites from the gesture you saw on the video.

Took me a while to figure that out.
What I don't get is why some ambiences, when set as favorites, can have their own ringtones etc. assigned, while others only let you change the volume for the ambience.

Last edited by benny1967; 2013-12-21 at 15:56.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Note that network needs to be up otherwise it will not try to sync, background processes do not request network. Check that setting is correct under settings->apps->mail. Also the cover does not keep updating to save resources, so if there aren't new emails time will not change unless you close and reopen email app, we'll improve that in order to not cause confusion.
Scheduled sync doesn't work for me either. Settings: Sync every 5 min. Network is up and I've sent me some test mails. I had to download them manually. But sometimes the automatic sync is working, But definitely not in the set interval.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@Fellfrosch, @VDVsx
I can confirm mail client not keeping the update schedule. And by the way - is IMAP push coming anytime soon in Jollas near us?

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Had my jphone for a day now and the only major thing missing so far is browser landscape mode. Wlan seems to reconnect sometimes but this is a known problem so will hopefully get fixed later on. Apps are of course not there yet and will take a few years to get there.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Germany
Since the update on 1.0.1.12, I've noticed that there is landscape mode for the gallery App.

Unfortunately for one side only, like in Meego. Is it so difficult to set it up for both sites?

The Following User Says Thank You to Ksanto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
make a symlink in your home directory which points to the SD card
If I had the first idea how to do that it would be a help:/ I can follow commands, but wouldn't know where to start.

There needs to be something to force a read of the card that doesn't involve command line. I was asked exactly this question by a non tech new jolla user yesterday - I could follow instructions if I was given them, he certainly couldn't - but he'd like to see his music
Jolla #272

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
To make a symlink in sailfish you need to first enable dev mode and then open up a terminal and run "ln -s <to> <from>"

Where the sdcard gets mounted I've no idea though.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
sdcard gets mounted in run\user\100000\media\sdcard

Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
Normally a symlink gets overwritten when doing it again. Did you try to remove the old symlink?
Even a better way would be to mount a directory to another directory ... (mount --bind)
you're right, mountibg would be cool

confirmed:
when I insert SD card, symlinks broke.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
WTF! Is folks drunk tonight or what to much positive feedback latest 10 posts

well well back to coding...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience