There are several Jollas available at Finnish eBay-like on-line auction site huuto.net

http://www.huuto.net/hakutulos/categ...ng?words=jolla

The problem is that the only viable form of payment would be an IBAN bank transfer to the seller and then the buyer had to trust the seller to send the phone to the buyer through FedEx or another courier.

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by zamorph View Post
Can't you change the Shipping Address for your pre-order, and that way not let your pre-order go to waste?

Initially the Shipping Address for my pre-order was outside of Europe, but I changed it after the fact so that I could purchase a Jolla. And hopefully FedEx will deliver my phone soon!
I asked Jolla Support if I could do that; sadly for me, they ignored my question.

I went to account.jolla.com and changed my address to my parents' address; they are based in the EU.

However, same problem as Schturman; I can't figure out how to order using my pre-order number, and I can't use my account.jolla.com login in the store.

Maybe I'm too late, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas please?

Last edited by shallimus; 2013-12-20 at 20:55.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I don't see it getting released in the US as absolutely crucial. Also they really got their hands full right now and will probably still have their hands full for the next 6 months. They better start hiring more and fill that building up!
CEO already stated they would put the sailfish image targeted for various Android devices for download on websites in China and figure out a revenue model from there, like take a cut on the site revenue or something and make sure it works on each device.

Once they do that XDA will have it and it will be here and what do you think will happen then? I see sailfish as Mr Smith from the matrix, your phone becomes our phone.

I know that's ^ not a appropriate/good PR image for Sailfish OS but don't hate, I'm just an end user

If Jolla can have it set up so that non Jolla hardware running Sailfish when accessing Jolla store can buy Myriad license for 20 bucks or something like that then it will spread very fast like agent smith. I'm pretty sure my HTC One will be one of the first ones to get it. It would be slick if they can make Dalvik use the buttons on the front of the phone when using Android apps instead of making another set of them on the screen.
In the long run QT is now cross platform for IOS and Android so the apps issue will sort itself out later.

Last edited by aironeous; 2013-12-20 at 21:01.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
So, no update on supported frequencies yet? If it will take them another year to start officially selling to US, but T-Mobile LTE frequency is supported, I'll probably buy it through some on-line retailers (Newegg, Amazon etc.) which hopefully should start selling Jollas soon.
LOL search amazon.com for Jolla and see what comes up. N9

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
You ordered without invitation ? We need sign up to the store ? Because I can't access with my jolla.com account to the shop ?

Yes ordered without invitation. Just went to shop.jolla.com and ordered.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Yes ordered without invitation. Just went to shop.jolla.com and ordered.
I did it too, but now I see in the order status “Suspected Fraud”... It’s probably because I wrote address of my friend in the “Name & Address” form... Already wrote mail to jolla, but still didn't get answer what to do.. They not answering so quick for requests...

I no longer care about Jolla ships or not... no 3G/LTE for US = no use for me. Luckily I have Z10 as a stop-gap daily phone.
I will wait a few more months and see if Jolla announce firm plan or not. Still want to support them, but if they don't improve their communication I see troubles ahead. Jolla can get away with us, but not average Joe....

Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
I went to account.jolla.com and changed my address to my parents' address; they are based in the EU.
Sorry to take so long to reply!

I tweeted JollaHQ during the first half of November - and they suggested that I mail care@jolla.com to change my shipping address - which I did.

But I dunno - suspect they're really busy now - trying to service everyone's requests?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
I live in Lebanon, and I changed my address to Sweden. I got the invitation e-mail on Dec. 11 & paid. But now you can only rely on ordering. No more pre-orders.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Same here.. I didn't wait for invitation anymore, just purchased from the shop to the address of my friend from Switzerland. Paid completed via paypal and now Order status is "Payment Review" almost a week and they not answering to my mails/requests about what happens..

Last edited by Schturman; 2013-12-25 at 10:12.