Active Topics

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by trashin View Post
Thanks for the postcode tip but it does not apply to Norway.
In this stretched country only four digits are used, no spaces, ex. 8000,9000 etc.
Did you try without the postal code? Mine didn't require it.

On the bright side 200000731 is finally in me. The Longest Journey Home

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Did you try without the postal code? Mine didn't require it.

On the bright side 200000731 is finally in me. The Longest Journey Home
I'm so jealous !!!!!!

Barnabas Collins

The Following User Says Thank You to kollin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
Do they use fedex in all countries or do they use DHL as well?
For international shipments: DHL does the packing and hands over to FedEx. FedEx flies and delivers to the destination.

For Finland: Itella does the deliveries to the destination.

Originally Posted by hemiwi View Post
@FIN pre-orders

How long did it (does it) take to change from IN Picking to Shipped?
Plus did u get a tracking number for Itella or FedEx?
For FIN it has been Itella based on the comments here and other places.

The Following User Says Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Helsinki
@FIN pre-orders

How long did it (does it) take to change from IN Picking to Shipped?
Plus did u get a tracking number for Itella or FedEx?
anyone from SF?

Kiitos etukäteen

anyone from SF?

Kiitos etukäteen
Tracking number for Itella.
Between in picking and shipped depends. It lasted from Friday to mid Monday for me, but there was naturally weekend in the mid.

What is a new record is that my package has been in the main Posti/Itella Vantaa sorting center from late Monday.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Estonia
In picking from jolla shop on Friday evening.
Picked up bu FedEx on Monday.
Changed to Sipping statud on Jolla shop on Tuesday and the FedEx tracking code sent.
Deliver today to Estonia.

2...150x 100€ preorder

The Following User Says Thank You to eldoraado For This Useful Post:
Mobiili magazine has managed an interview: http://mobiili.fi/2013/12/18/jolla-p...-myyntiintulo/ According to it the main delay was a order system related one.

I don't like the way Jolla's interviewee doesn't seem to take any responsibility for the woes, instead tries to make it sound like it is only about the impossibility of making everyone happy. I hope it is just the way the interview was cut, not his real intent.

Also clearly from the comments day one customers who got invites but didn't go to the first sale event, may have been delayed extra in those web shop invites. I've heard this story now a couple of times. It does sound really unfair to be in that situation of not getting to the event but then being delayed by weeks.

Many people only wanted the pre-order order to be respected, that is a very simple and reasonable request. Even the event was one thing, but then the whole pre-order order was missed. That's not a "you can't please everyone" scenario, that is just common sense. I can't see any really good reason why they couldn't have respected the pre-order order. Jolla could help us understand.

I think it is a mistake for Jolla to think of this in the "you can't please everyone" attitude. That's arrogance that was also Nokia's downfall in many ways.

I hope at least behind the scenes Jolla takes a good hard look at what the actual expectations of the majority of people are, and how in the end they weren't that unreasonable, and respond better next time.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epmt View Post
Mobiili magazine has managed an interview: http://mobiili.fi/2013/12/18/jolla-p...-myyntiintulo/ According to it the main delay was a order system related one.

I don't like the way Jolla's interviewee doesn't seem to take any responsibility for the woes, instead tries to make it sound like it is only about the impossibility of making everyone happy. I hope it is just the way the interview was cut, not his real intent.

Also clearly from the comments day one customers who got invites but didn't go to the first sale event, may have been delayed extra in those web shop invites. I've heard this story now a couple of times. It does sound really unfair to be in that situation of not getting to the event but then being delayed by weeks.

Many people only wanted the pre-order order to be respected, that is a very simple and reasonable request. Even the event was one thing, but then the whole pre-order order was missed. That's not a "you can't please everyone" scenario, that is just common sense. I can't see any really good reason why they couldn't have respected the pre-order order. Jolla could help us understand.

I think it is a mistake for Jolla to think of this in the "you can't please everyone" attitude. That's arrogance that was also Nokia's downfall in many ways.

I hope at least behind the scenes Jolla takes a good hard look at what the actual expectations of the majority of people are, and how in the end they weren't that unreasonable, and respond better next time.
I don't see that as an arrogance. They have made mistakes, they admit that and they have tried to fix what can be fixed and are trying to get the job done with the all flaws that cannot be fixed anymore.

And it is true that you cannot please everyone. You have to make compromises and in those cases some people are not happy. And I'm sure that Jolla's CEO is not happy that they had to make the compromises.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by att View Post
I don't see that as an arrogance. They have made mistakes, they admit that and they have tried to fix what can be fixed and are trying to get the job done with the all flaws that cannot be fixed anymore.

And it is true that you cannot please everyone. You have to make compromises and in those cases some people are not happy. And I'm sure that Jolla's CEO is not happy that they had to make the compromises.
They have admitted it? I do not see any statement where it says which the problem was, and how the process was going. A forecast would have been perfect.

The only I got to read was "there have been problems, we are shipping as much as we can".

Come on, some of us would have been happy to read about the "shipping ratio". Some false expectations could have been avoided.

Btw, my order #31xx has STILL NOT BEEN SHIPPED. Other orders, like 32xx, 33xx, 38xx even 40xx have been changed status/shipped!!!!!!

It is not fair.

If someone from Jolla is reading this, please do some self-criticism.

Last edited by lupastro; 2013-12-18 at 14:47.