Active Topics

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by lkravovicz View Post
So how do we sync messages off N9
I think somebody hinted that it MIGHT be possible with syncing N9 to some cloud service and then syncing Jolla from there. I don't know if anybody actually tested it. Unfortunately I don't right now remember where I saw that...

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
I think CalDAV is another thing missing

I've recently received my Jolla and I like it.

Still there are some essential features which I'm missing and why I'm also quite pissed:

- no support for WPA EAP/PEAP
this is a standard since ages and works on really all smartphones out there, it's just sad i can't connect to wifi
- the store is a mess, aren't there any categories so I can browse through available apps?
- somehow fast changing of wifi/3g/bt should be possible
at the moment you have to go to settings and guess if something is active or not (I can't tell from the icons displayed)

so long ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
- the store is a mess, aren't there any categories so I can browse through available apps?
yes, if you in store, dann swipe from right to left and you will see all categories and more apps

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I've recently received my Jolla and I like it.

Still there are some essential features which I'm missing and why I'm also quite pissed:

- no support for WPA EAP/PEAP
this is a standard since ages and works on really all smartphones out there, it's just sad i can't connect to wifi
- somehow fast changing of wifi/3g/bt should be possible
at the moment you have to go to settings and guess if something is active or not (I can't tell from the icons displayed)

so long ...
You can swipe left in Store to get to Categories... I didn't get it at first either.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
1) Is it possible to give Calendars a name, I have added an Exchange account and it has synced calendar fine, but in manage calendars, I have two named Default (I'm guessing one is the Phone and one is Exchange), in N9 you could select colour and rename, but I cant find any way to set the name in Jolla.
I haven't found any way to do it with the UI but based on what is now implemented I think it will come in the future.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
You can swipe left in Store to get to Categories... I didn't get it at first either.
Ok. False alarm then. Still it should be indicated somehow

The Following User Says Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
2) Bluetooth. I paired my Jolla with my car fine, but my car cant access contacts on Jolla.
I have same issue - no phone contacts. Car is BMW X3 E83 from 2007. Nokia N9 had same issue, however, Nokia N8 just worked fine. This is something that I expected to be solved in Jolla already...

The Following User Says Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Ok. False alarm then. Still it should be indicated somehow
It is.

Notice the two circles on the left upper side. Means that there are two horizontal pages that can be accesed by swiping sideways.

Same on many (all?) native apps that can be side swiped to more pages. The one you are on is brightly lit.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
I'm bonding with my Jolla...

Any news on an ETA for a native WhatsApp?

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to gcalcott For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience